Wellemeyer sent back to STL for examination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wellemeyer sent back to STL for examination

The righthander has what La Russa described as "sore biceps" and was sent back home for precautionary measures/examination...

From Bernie and Tim McKernan...
    With you or at you?
    Last edited by 007; 06-06-2008, 04:52 PM.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Great...

Comment

I hope it was from hitting Parisi repeatedly in the face.
      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

How much would that fucking suck?

And how weird is it that it would suck?

Comment

The good news is, we can get another opportunity to have our hopes dashed by Anthony "Game One" Reyes.
          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

This possibly explains the early exit after 79 pitches the other night.

It would suck to lose him for a long period of time.
            RIP Dave

Comment

So, this is why they say "you can never have enough pitching"...
              Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

ugh
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Well it's over.

Comment

Guess what?

It's not the biceps; it's his elbow...

From the med report the team issues weekly:

TODD WELLEMEYER – Right Elbow Inflammation – He experienced some discomfort after his last start. He had an evaluation in St. Louis today as well as an MRI, which was negative. He may be given extra rest as a precautionary measure.

Comment

the Cardinals misspake originally??? NO WAY
                      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Also, Ankiel has cellulitis...

Gotta DL him and get a bat up on the roster instead of this playing a player short crap...

Comment

From Birdland...

HOUSTON — Late Thursday night, Cardinals outfielder Rick Ankiel left Washington, D.C. for St. Louis to meet with team doctors about the infection in his right knee.

The next morning, pitcher Todd Wellemeyer followed him home.

Wellemeyer is meeting with team doctors this evening to have what manager Tony La Russa described as a “soreness near his biceps” checked out. The official team description of the ailment is a right elbow inflammation. Wellemeyer is, according to a team official, meeting with doctors now and the result of his checkup should be known later this evening.

La Russa said there is a possibility Wellemeyer’s next start is in question.

“You always treat it like it’s a big deal,” La Russa said, “and hope for the best.”

Wellemeyer (7-1) pitched six shutout innings Thursday afternoon, but he left the game after throwing just 79 pitches with the Cardinals facing a night game and starting a rookie. La Russa said Wellemeyer was showing some signs during the start and it was afterward the pitcher said that he was feeling some discomfort in his throwing arm.

Ankiel has been unavailable for several days because of swelling and irration in his knee brought on by an infection. Ankiel skinned his knee making the diving catch Sunday at the warning track in Busch Stadium’s center field. La Russa said he’s unsure if Ankiel will rejoin the team this weekend in Houston.

“We’ll see what the doctors have to say,” the manager said.

More on both players return to St. Louis later tonight at StlToday.com and in Saturday’s Post-Dispatch.

Comment

back in the day of Bob Gibson they would pour lemon and tomato juice on a skinned knee and tell the guy to go play. I long for those days.
                            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

So if the Cardinals lose 4 of 5 or some such, should I blame the tougher schedule, the sudden rash of injuries, or just assume they were what they thought they were??? I need to get my story straight.
                              Sketch in STL
                              Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Working...
                              X