Campaign Contributions & The Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign Contributions & The Lounge

Just curious -- do any of you folks contribute to political candidates? Has the experience been good/bad/neutral? I'm assuming that once you contribute, you get on every mailing list begging for money known to mankind. Does the candidate call you at home and ask for more money?

No agenda here. Curiosity only.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Nope, never. And I never will.
    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky View Post
      Me, either, but it seems a whole lot of people do.
      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Sinn Fein.

Comment

I laugh when I do my taxes and see that box that asks if I want to make a donation.

They do just fine without my money.
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott
          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

I don't know a lot, but one thing I can say for sure; I will never give any money to a political candidate.
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky View Post
              ++
              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I see the Lounge speaks with one voice, but SOMEBODY is contributing all this money.
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

I donated to Huckabee but it was a small enough amount that they didn't bug me much.

Comment

I bet there are people who post here who give. It's not a priority at all for me even though I understand that it is for some. I would rather give money to a no kill dog shelter or rescue organization.
                    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
                      I see the Lounge speaks with one voice, but SOMEBODY is contributing all this money.
                      We saw where all that money went when we made donations to this joint.

I am sure the one making all the donations is MarkD
                      Sponsor of:
                      Brian Elliott
                      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

no, but i've volunteered in the past. I have more time than money unfortunately.

Comment

Barack Obama's gotten $25 per paycheck from me for the last five months.
                          I like cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by triggercut1 View Post
                            Barack Obama's gotten $25 per paycheck from me for the last five months.
                            Do they ever hit you up to get more -- you know, make it $30, or $50? Do you hear from other Democratic candidates?
                            --Albert Einstein

Comment

I was a max contributor to Obama for the primary, and my wife was a max contributor to Hillary for the primary. I guess that means I can get hit up for another $2,300 for the general, but I am not really sure.

I will give money to Mary Landrieu this year, and probably will donate for Noriega as well.

Through the office, we will give to judicial candidates, but that is not really from my own pocket.
                              ppg shg
                              Last edited by ppg shg; 06-06-2008, 12:16 PM.
                              From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

Working...
                              X