Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barack Obama hates America.

So my sister gets this package in the mail today:

Apparently the US Senate has a program where you can buy the flag that was flown over the Capitol on a certain day. So my dad got my sister the flag that was flown on 5/22/08, the day she graduated high school. Pretty cool, I thought. Anyway, apparently the way it works is that you request it from your senator, they put in the request, it's shipped to their office and they mail it out. Sure enough, this sticker was on the side of it:

Because, you know, fuck Dick Durbin. Anyway, we open up the box to check out the flag, and what do we see?

Apparently, surely because he is a black Muslim, Barack Obama hates America so much that he didn't even bother to make sure the flag was folded correctly. Naturally, I plan on contacting CNN.

Now that you post this, I don't think the one we got years ago was folded correctly either...I'm going to ask my Mom if she remembers.

Comment

if this crap keeps up, i might start hating America too.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Priceless, but not Obama's fault that an inept staffer doesn't know flag folding protocol.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere: There are so many requests for these flags that somebody at the Capitol has the job of running a flag up the flagpole, then down, all day long.

Your tax dollars at work.
          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
            I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere: There are so many requests for these flags that somebody at the Capitol has the job of running a flag up the flagpole, then down, all day long.

It's more than one person doing it...

Comment

Sounds more exciting than my job.

Comment

Don't get me started on our tax dollars hard at work!!

Oh and I've been to military funerals where the National Guard or whoever it was that day had to redo the folding of the flag. Sad, really.

Comment

It's true.

When I worked in DC, we got a ton of requests at the Congressman's office.

We got one for the Belleville West Civics teacher that was flown the day he retired.

Pretty cool.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                  -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                    Priceless, but not Obama's fault that an inept staffer doesn't know flag folding protocol.
                    Yesitisyesitisyesitis!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                      It's true.

When I worked in DC, we got a ton of requests at the Congressman's office.

We got one for the Belleville West Civics teacher that was flown the day he retired.

Pretty cool.
                      Torigian?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post
                        Sounds more exciting than my job.
                        If it paid $35,000 a year I'd do it.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor
                        Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

this stuff is always important.

January 2008, John McCain autographed a flag for a supporter at a January rally in Keene, N.H. In 2003, President Bush autographed a small flag (see next), which created a stir online. Flag Code: "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature." Photo credit: Stephen Crowley/The New York Times
                          Reference: NY Times

In July 2003 President Bush autographed a small flag. This picture was circulated across the Internet noting its violation of the Flag Code: "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature." Photo credit: AP Photo/Charles Dharapak

Reno, Nevada, October 2, 2007, the flagpole at a local bar displayed the Mexican flag above the US flag on the same flagpole. Section 7g reads, "When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace." Photo source: KRNV News 4

September 11, 2006, President Bush and first lady Laura Bush stand on a carpet of the American flag at Ground Zero in Manhattan, the site of the September 11, 2001 attack. Section 8b of the Flag Code reads, " The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground..." Photo credit: Reuters/Jason Reed
                          v

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                            Torigian?

The one and only. Vincent T.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                            -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                              The one and only. Vincent T.
                              Figured it had to be either him or Nollman, and the math didn't add up to put you in HS the same time as me. Did you just graduate in 01?

Pretty sure Torigian's last year was my eighth grade year, so I never got to take his honors civics class. He subbed a few times, though, and I knew him from Dorchester. Really, really great guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X