Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which I praise Barack Obama's testicular fortitude

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...confronts.html

Sen. Joe Lieberman, the self-described "Independent Democrat" who caucuses with the Democratic party in the Senate even though he has endorsed Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz, got some tough talk from Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, yesterday about his advocacy for the presumptive Republican presidential candidate and the general tone of the campaign, Democratic sources tell ABC News.

Returning to the Senate after his securing the Democratic presidential nomination, Obama and Lieberman greeted each on the Senate floor in the Well as they were voting on the budget resolution.

They shook hands. But Obama didn’t let go, leading Lieberman - cordially - by the hand across the room into a corner on the Democratic side, where Democratic sources tell ABC News he delivered some tough words for the junior senator from Connecticut, who had just minutes before hammered Obama's speech before the pro-Israel group AIPAC in a conference call arranged by the McCain campaign.

The two spoke intensely for approximately three and a half minutes, with no one able to hear their conversation. Reporters watched as Obama leaned closely in to Lieberman, whose back was literally up against the wall.
    Sometimes, I like to imagine a 2009 when Democrats are in complete control of the government and Joe Lieberman has been stripped of each and every committee assignment and been relocated to a new office in the Capitol Hill janitor's closet.
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Originally posted by kah View Post
    Sometimes, I like to imagine a 2009 when Democrats are in complete control of the government and Joe Lieberman has been stripped of each and every committee assignment and been relocated to a new office in the Capitol Hill janitor's closet.
    And some day you may mature beyond adolescence...

Comment

Originally posted by King View Post
      And some day you may mature beyond adolescence...
      I hope not. What's the fun in that?

Comment

What's the fun in that?
        Obviously, you'll never know.

Comment

The gold standard is stupid.

Comment

The gold standard is stupid.
            Never forget: The topics on which a junior high homeroom rep is qualified to opine are unlimited.

Comment

Also stupid: the Confederacy.

Comment

I hope not. What's the fun in that?
                ++
                v

Comment

Did he ask him for a blow job later or what?

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Jimmy fan View Post
                    Did he ask him for a blow job later or what?
                    Hopefully he kicked him in the nuts.

The Democratic Party has long needed to serve Holy Joe a big cup of STFU. Hopefully Obama's the one to do it.

Comment

So Lieberman is going to speak at the RNC?

Lieberman + McCain what a freak show that's going to be. A monumental horror fest of delusion that's still as boring as all get out.
                      From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

The horror show is already underway. Lieberman's been all over with McCain. Was on stage with him when Johnny Mac made the "100 years" comment.

Comment

At this point is Lieberman even a US citizen and not an Israeli national?

Is there a difference for him?
                          From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

It' a terrible thing when people think independantly.
                            "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

Originally posted by blue zone View Post
                              It' a terrible thing when people think independantly.
                              if you think 'thinking independently' is what caused Lieberman to leave his party.....

Comment

Working...
                              X