Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues acquire Fast

...yeah, Fast...that's the dude's name

ST. LOUIS (Ticker) - The St. Louis Blues on Wednesday acquired defenseman T.J. Fast from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for a fifth-round selection in the 2009 draft. Fast, 20, had 17 goals and 37 assists in 71 games with the Tri-City Americans of the Western Hockey League this season. The 6-1, 190-pound blue-liner recorded 92 penalty minutes and finished plus-29 for campaign.
    The Calgary, Alberta native was originally selected by the Kings in the second round - 60th overall - in the 2005 draft.
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

A 20 year old for a 5th rounder?

What am I missing here?
    Official Lounge Sponsor
    Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post
      A 20 year old for a 5th rounder?

What am I missing here?
      Peoria depth would be my guess...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
        Peoria depth would be my guess...
        Is the guy just not that good? I no diddly about minor league hockey but that just seems awfully young for a guy to be traded...at least in other sports. I assume you are right and he's nothing more than depth.
        Official Lounge Sponsor
        Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

From Hockey's Future

T.J. Fast
          Prospect Grade: 6.0 C (About Prospect Grades)

Profile Contributed By: David A. Rainer
          History

2004-05: Earned AJHL All-Rookie honors for Camrose while scoring 36 points on eight goals and 28 assists in 58 games. Led Camrose to the AJHL Championship and Western Canadian Championship. Will be attending the University of Denver next season.

2005-06: TJ Fast was paired up with Hobey Baker award winner Matt Carle for many of DU's games this season. Fast did not post overwhelming numbers – one goal and six assists – due to his inexperience as Denver coaches often replaced Fast late in games with more seasoned veterans. The ice time which he did receive, Fast showed good speed and skating ability. Increased ice time next season will result in more time to develop in game situations and better production.

2006-07: Left the University of Denver after only 19 games and four assists as he was not earning much ice-time with the Pioneers. Joined the Tri-City Americans of the WHL where he made an immediate splash with five points in his first four games. He would eventually cool off, but still score at almost a point per game pace with 22 points in 26 games.
          Talent Analysis

TJ Fast is just that - fast and smooth on his skates. He has pure offensive skills and can move the puck up the ice whether by carrying it through the neutral zone or by a well timed pass. A powerplay quarterback, similar in style to Lubomir Visnovsky. Not a booming shot but can get the puck on net or move it around the zone quickly to open up the lane for shots on the powerplay.
          Future

Fast left college hockey early and joined the Tri-City American's of the WHL looking for better ice-time. He will likely return to Tri-City as an over-ager for the 2007-08 season and should take on a much larger role with the American's than he saw with the University of Denver. Even though he is a former 2nd round draft choice, Fast has developing to do before the Kings will take a chance and offer him an entry level contract.

ETA: Too early

Comment

Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post
            Is the guy just not that good? I no diddly about minor league hockey but that just seems awfully young for a guy to be traded...at least in other sports. I assume you are right and he's nothing more than depth.
            I'll be honest: I don't know much aboot him...

Just by looking at his numbers, I'm gonna guess that he's got the ability to be a puck carrying-type defenseman, something the Blues don't really have in abundance right now...

Probably more of a depth guy, but one never knows...

Comment

...and ksblues' summary says he's a puck carrying-type...

so there ya go

Comment

Well...ok. Hasn't gotten to pro hockey yet, but almost surely worth giving up a fifth.

Comment

...and ksblues' summary says he's a puck carrying-type...

so there ya go
                  If it's Hockey's Future, it's with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by 210 View Post
                    If it's Hockey's Future, it's with a grain of salt.
                    I just clued in on the phrase, didn't know those morons came up with it...

Comment

Correcting the Scott Jackson debacle and allowing room for Woywitka/Wagner to become more permanent faces in the Blues locker room. Can never have enough defenseman.
                      25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                      Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

Did the much bemoaned Scott Jackson ever sign with anyone? Maybe he's just not that good.

Comment

I just clued in on the phrase, didn't know those morons came up with it...
                          It's better than nothing. If it was a review by OS, I would have posted it in upper case.

Comment

T.J. Fast sounds like the name of a printing company.
                            RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                            You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                              Did the much bemoaned Scott Jackson ever sign with anyone? Maybe he's just not that good.
                              He hasn't signed with anyone yet (well, as of a few days ago)

Comment

Working...
                              X