Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Is It Acceptable? (Kids & Baseball)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Is It Acceptable? (Kids & Baseball)

To take a little one to a baseball game.

One of my pet peeves has always been people bringing their infant children to a baseball game while sitting in line drive territory. Keep your damn kid at home I would say but that was before I had one of my own. Now I'm the douche bag sitting next to you at T.G.I. Fridays and on an airplane with a baby.

The reason I ask is I have tickets to the game on Saturday (against the Cardinals). And not just any tickets but tickets located between the mound and home plate 6 rows up. We've had zero luck on a sitter and my wife hasn't been to a game yet this year so she really wants to go. Plus she has some strange crush on Molina so she enjoys going to see the Cardinals.

The boy is 8 months old. He is a very good baby who doesn't have a problem sitting still and actually enjoys being out in a crowd. With all the lights and sounds of a baseball game it'll probably be like one big giant Baby Einstein interactive video which will mesmerize his little mind. In the section in question you don't get really any screaming line drives and plus I watch the game like a hawk.

I'm thinking we take him and just understand it may be a short game for us. It is either that or once again give the old lady's ticket to one of my buddies and then have to deal with the guilt trip. Plus the boy needs to go to a game even if his team sucks.

Most chicks in STL have a crush on Molina.

Comment

Tickets BETWEEN the mound and home plate? I suggest wearing body armor.
      Sponsor of:
      Brian Elliott
      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Don't take the kid. If you generally go to several games a year, maybe give both tickets to the wife this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post

Comment

I didn't realize Minute Maid had seats between the mound and home plate. That's odd.

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking the kid to the game. You are smart enough to pay attention.
            RIP Dave

Comment

I've sat there a number of times. It is so close to home a hard hit line drive has to take almost a 90 degree turn to get you. Unless you are a Cardinal hitter on-deck, but I'm on the Astros side.

Now soft little pop ups. Those come all day.

Comment

Facing the batter or the hitter?
                If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Beat me to it. First the stupid hill, and now seats between the pitcher and catcher.
                  RIP Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
                    Facing the batter or the hitter?
                    Or the pitcher....

Damn, I'm tired.
                    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

BTW, we took our three-month-old to her first game on Sunday in a luxury suite, and even that was kind of a pain in the arse.

Comment

smart asses know what I mean. First base side, behind the dugout, even with the area on the field that is between the pitcher and hitter.

I have actually told my wife she should go with one of her girl friends and me and the boy can watch from home. That may happen.

I do go to a number of games but I only have these tickets to 3 games this season.

Comment

I wouldn't take an 8-month old to a baseball game, but I'm very conservative. My kids are 6 and the only babysitter they've ever had has been a relative (grandma, cousin, aunt, etc).

Comment

Seems to me that the kid is old enough to go to the ball game when he can ask to go to the game.

Comment

Take him. As young as he is, he'll likely pass out and you can watch the whole game. Starting next year and for another 6 or 7 seasons, don't plan on watching an entire game, first to last pitch.
                              Sketch in STL
                              Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Working...
                              X