Spider Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider Identification

Can anyone ID this spider? I just caught the big ass thing in my house. It was about 1 1/2 inches long.

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

looks like a common grass spider to me. They can get pretty big. I think the nasty Brown Recluse stays kind of compact compared to these harmless criters. But don't experiment with my non-expert advice. I would definitely seek other opinions.
    25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
    Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

I thought it was a grass spider as well.

Comment

http://dragonstar5.com/creatures/DSC05485.JPG

Google Images "Grass Spider"
        25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
        Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

I don't think it's a recluse if that's what you are wondering.

Comment

This is a Brown Recluse.

This is a grass spider.

Comment

http://www.michigan.gov/images/brown...se_25975_7.jpg

Google Images "Brown Recluse"

similar but I don't think it's your culprit

Comment

All the recluses I have seen have a white violin on their back.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsOnlyTheRiver View Post
                  I don't think it's a recluse if that's what you are wondering.
                  I did not think it was I just want to know what it is.

Comment

If they're near an opening in my home, I just throw most of these bastards back outside and clean up the place. The cleaning part has nothing to do with germs as it does with the food chain - crumbs/debris = small insects = big insects... and I'm not keeping birds in my house to clean up the big insects

Comment

Originally posted by marco View Post
                      If they're near an opening in my home, I just throw most of these bastards back outside and clean up the place. The cleaning part has nothing to do with germs as it does with the food chain - crumbs/debris = small insects = big insects... and I'm not keeping birds in my house to clean up the big insects
                      I threw this guy out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBrained View Post
                        I threw this guy out the door.
                        good man

Comment

Funny, after I read this thread about two hours later I found one of these bastards in my living room floor. He was HUGE. I smashed the shit out of him.

Spiders scare the shit out of me
                          Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

I learned something new. I thought that was a wolf spider. I never heard of a grass spider before.

Comment

also close to a wolf spider, but I would think more on grass,

it's always fun to freeze them and flush them

R.I.P Mike P. Halwe 12/4/1957-01/3/2008
                              R.I.P. Amanda R Easley aka LIL BLU 8/2/1986-05/09/2008
                              My young sister you will be always missed

Comment

Working...
                              X