Ironic comment of the day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironic comment of the day...

President Bush weighed in Monday against a Senate bill that would require dramatic cuts in climate-changing greenhouse pollution, cautioning senators "to be very careful about running up enormous costs for future generations of Americans."
    of all people... suddenly wearing the hat of fiscal conservatism

Is it November yet?
    25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
    Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

that gives my 'quote of the day' thread a run for its money. unreal.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Getting lost in the media furor over McClellan's memoir is the new autobiography of retired Lt. Gen. Ricardo S. Sanchez, the onetime commander of U.S. troops in Iraq, who is scathing in his assessment that the Bush administration "led America into a strategic blunder of historic proportions."

Among the anecdotes in "Wiser in Battle: A Soldier's Story" is an arresting portrait of Bush after four contractors were killed in Fallujah in 2004, triggering a fierce U.S. response that was reportedly egged on by the president.

During a videoconference with his national security team and generals, Sanchez writes, Bush launched into what he described as a "confused" pep talk:

"Kick ass!" he quotes the president as saying. "If somebody tries to stop the march to democracy, we will seek them out and kill them! We must be tougher than hell! This Vietnam stuff, this is not even close. It is a mind-set. We can't send that message. It's an excuse to prepare us for withdrawal."

"There is a series of moments and this is one of them. Our will is being tested, but we are resolute. We have a better way. Stay strong! Stay the course! Kill them! Be confident! Prevail! We are going to wipe them out! We are not blinking!"

A White House spokesman had no comment.

kk

Comment

"Kick ass!" he quotes the president as saying. "If somebody tries to stop the march to democracy, we will seek them out and kill them! We must be tougher than hell! This Vietnam stuff, this is not even close. It is a mind-set. We can't send that message. It's an excuse to prepare us for withdrawal."

"There is a series of moments and this is one of them. Our will is being tested, but we are resolute. We have a better way. Stay strong! Stay the course! Kill them! Be confident! Prevail! We are going to wipe them out! We are not blinking!"
          I have a stock quote for Bush's stupidity, but this is a whole other level.

"This Vietnam stuff"? The only thing that fucking coward knows about Vietnam is that he didn't go.

Fuckhead.
          His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
          Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky View Post
            I have a stock quote for Bush's stupidity, but this is a whole other level.

"This Vietnam stuff"? The only thing that fucking coward knows about Vietnam is that he didn't go.

Fuckhead.
            As you can see from Bush's quotes, he truly believes the conservative claptrap that the US would have "won" Vietnam if we just would have wanted it more.

Thus, his complete disregard for any true military, diplomatic, or intellectual analysis of Iraq b/c for Mr. 1 Brain Cell, it's just a matter of "will".

Ironic then that we can fail in Iraq when our country is so fully-stocked with these iron-willed, macho men that could decimate armies world-wide, except something always comes up.
            Last edited by ppg shg; 06-02-2008, 03:08 PM.
            From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

Originally posted by ppg shg View Post
              As you can see from Bush's quotes, he truly believes the conservative claptrap that the US would have "won" Vietnam if we just would have wanted it more.

Thus, his complete disregard for any true miltiary, diplomatic, or intellectual analysis of Iraq b/c for Mr. 1 Brain Cell, it's just a matter of "will".

Ironic then that we can fail in Iraq when our country is so fully-stocked with these iron-willed, macho men that could decimate armies world-wide, except something always comes up.
              "Other priorities."
              His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
              Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Working...
              X