Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found a $10 Japanese (for the takeover in WWII) and a 200 Bulgarian note from 1951

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a $10 Japanese (for the takeover in WWII) and a 200 Bulgarian note from 1951

when I was cleaning my extra room today. I know who's it was. A friend from highschool who I helped out and let him stay in that room a few years ago, rent free, and then he went to jail on warrants and I helped bail him out and so of course, I've not seen repayment since then, but so I like this money, but from what I can tell it's not worth much unless someone here knows where I can go to find out other than looking at what stuff goes for on ebay.

there's an exact 200 Bulgarian Lev, I think it's called, that's on ebay for $4.99. I'm not feeling enthused that I get repayment for the money I loaned to him at this point, but money's money and I thought I was helping someone.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Antique Roadshow?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
      Antique Roadshow?
      that's about an 8 hour wait in line. I know someone who did that. Not feeling whelmed.

Comment

You are funny. I expected something different from the title of the thread.

Comment

It's worth lots. Just send it to me. Antique Roadshow is silly, so just send it to me. PM me!!!

Comment

from what I can tell, people aren't idiots and they don't want to pay real money for notes that are no longer worth anything. Perhaps if I put these away for a few decades their value will change. By then there might be a WWII version of Reggie Cleveland I could rip off.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
              from what I can tell, people aren't idiots and they don't want to pay real money for notes that are no longer worth anything. Perhaps if I put these away for a few decades their value will change. By then there might be a WWII version of Reggie Cleveland I could rip off.
              Get a HOF like Joe Morgan to autograph the note.
              Of course you do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShortHop View Post
                Get a HOF like Joe Morgan to autograph the note.
                Only drawback to that is that she'll have to sit through some story aboot how he traveled to Japan with a bunch of MLB All-Stars in the 70s and then he'll meander into his thoughts about how Ichiro is overly concerned with his hit total, and swings at bad pitches in order to pad his numbers...

It'd get ugly...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                X