Here's a Reality Show For You...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a Reality Show For You...

Well, I guess documentaries are reality...

Dan O'Neill's outstanding book, "Sportsman's Park, is the source of a new documentary. Tonight Channel 9 will air a shorter version of the documentary at 7 p.m.
    (from Bernie's Bits)

Oh. The added bonus is that my dad is in this thing. (Well, he's in it, I don't know if he's in the "shorter version" and neither does he) He got to go in and hang in the green room with a bunch of other old men who happened to play ball back then and others (like him) who were either "knot-hole gang" kids and/or worked there...He was down with all of it, til they put make up on him...
    So if you wanna hear a bunch of old men ramble on about the good old days of baseball, tune in.

/end attention whoring/
    Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

"Knot hole gang?"

Did they play in Tower Grove??

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

I remember seeing that book in the gift shop at Busch last year. Too bad it was expensive...

Comment

Impossible to look at that block today and think that there was once a ML ballpark on it.

Comment

and an NFL field on it. three teams played there (All Stars 1923, Gunners 1934, and of course the Cardinals 1960-65).

Comment

Originally posted by Prngr44 View Post
            "Knot hole gang?"

Did they play in Tower Grove??

Knot-Hole...not Glory-Hole!

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Comment

Well. My dad's part last night was lame. I hope the full version has more stuff in it...Especially since it cost $75 bucks to get it...GS99, and you thought the book was expensive...shit.

The funniest was when my dad came on, Buddy was laying in front of the TV. He heard my dad, got up and barked, then cried and started looking around the house for my dad.

Comment

GS99, you can order it from Barnes and Noble for $25:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Spo...9948206/?itm=1
                RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Thanks, SC and JWB.

Comment

Working...
                  X