I hate large group lunches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate large group lunches

Today a co-worker is having a lunch for her "last day" at our office, even though technically she isnt' leaving until next Wednesday.

Everytime someone puts in their two weeks and has been working in our office (about 35 people work with me) for an extended period of time (lots of turnover here) we have to have this obligatory group lunch where everyone is invited, and as much as 20-25 pple show up and we have to put like 10 tables together so that everyone can sit at the same table which is so lame because its not like someone at one end is going to hollering out at someone on the other end like "hey what are you doing this afternoon?!!" Then, when everyone is ready to pay, everyone gets out their credit card and asks the poor server to split the check a billion ways.

I've been working with this same lady for 3 years and i already committed, but i think this is the last one i'm attending. Its like i'm dreading to eat lunch today which i never do.

/rant

Oh, and we're eating at the Cracker Barrel this time. I hate that fucking place.

Comment

Nothing wrong w/ a big group lunch if the food is excellent.

The group thing can be annoying, I agree.
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Love Cracker Barrel.
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

You're off your meds again aren't you?

Comment

So when are you leaving so that we can have a lounge lunch for you?
            Sponsor of:
            Brian Elliott
            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Yes, The effexor is taking awhile to kick in this morning celtic

I don't mind having lunch with 8-10 pple but 20-25 seems pretty pointless to me to have everyone sit at one large mega-table just for the sake of sitting together. And then when these idiots don't come prepared and all whip out the credit card to pay...man i was a server 5 years ago and that would still make me mad.

And this place is like 3 minutes away and NO ONE car pools.

I have to leave now and enjoy my lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutered Cat View Post
                I don't mind having lunch with 8-10 pple but 20-25 seems pretty pointless to me to have everyone sit at one large mega-table just for the sake of sitting together.
                Anything more than 6 pretty much guaranties a very long lunch. I rarely agree to go in a group bigger than 4.

Comment

Get the chicken livers. They rock.

Comment

Or someone leaves and one of the cows in my group says, "Let's have a food day because Jeremy is leaving." So now if you dont bring in some food item and join in the celebration of Jeremy leaving, you're perceived to be someone who isn't a team player. Whatever.

I hate that shit.
                    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

i always love it when you are dining with a bunch of people, especially ones you don't know, there's always a few in the bunch that start the lets asks some menu questions game. like "now, your Fire Buffalo Insanity Chicken Poppers. are those spicy?" or "do you have any salads that don't have lettuce?"

its so fun i'd like to die.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Now that my kids are out of school for the summer, I won't be able to enjoy my wife's "home cookin'" if you know what I mean (nudge nudge wink wink).

Comment

Cracker Barrel fucking blows. /vomit
                          Photobucket

Comment

Cracker Barrel?

Go to Mi Ranchito.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                            -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Good to see you here Cat
                              You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Working...
                              X