Camcorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camcorders

Cut the crap. What's the cheapest and best I can get and why?

you have two options in my opinion depending on your expertise and use.

1) flip video (http://flipvideo.com/) .. great for on the fly video .. comes with built in flash memory 2GB or about 60 min of video.. i have this and it's great for family.. easy plug in with a built in usb connector..

2) canon or sony hard drive built in with high definition. there's always specials on amazon or elsewhere so it depends.

I know canon now have flash memory camcorders. might be worth looking at.

but key is how often will u use it and for what?

Comment

I love the idea of the flip video. We bought a camcorder before my daughter was born to capture all the precious moments. It takes too much effort when compared to a digicam, so it is sitting on a shelf.
      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Did this help you MiamiCardFan?

Comment

Thanks Han111!

Comment

are camcorders that record directly on dvd old news already?
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
              There are still some out there.

I want to get the one that you just stick the memory stick into your laptop and burn a dvd. Easy peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
                We just bought one for the office that has its own internal hard drive.

Comment

don't do it

the only time you'll watch it is when you stumble across it on the internet. or at the deposition. either way, its not worth it.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

I'm considering the flip camera. Appears small, wildly easy to use. Anyone else have good/bad experience with it?
                    Former 2017 OFFICIAL SPONSOR of Braves' Fill-In Matt Adams,
                    Jesus is . . .

Comment

Originally posted by drobny23 View Post
                      I'm considering the flip camera. Appears small, wildly easy to use. Anyone else have good/bad experience with it?
                      I have one (along with one of these dvd camcorders).

Been great for me. it has limitations so if you know that it'll be fine.

It's great for impromptu filming to email to family or post on youtube etc.

quality is good and easily seen even indoors. not so good in the dark without sufficient light.

Comment

So I got the flip video today. Was $119 at Blockbuster (for some reason it was $141 at Best Buy)

Pros: Cheap and very easy to use. Very small, ulta light and portable, and not a huge investment.

Cons: Only an hour of video, video quality is just ok, very little zoom ability, and kind of a shaky picture.

Overall, seems it will serve my purposes. If I decide I need more in the future I've only invested a Benjamin.

Thanks again Han for the suggestion.

Comment

no problem. it's great for short clips of kids or yourself or whatever.

but if you want longer video of better quality - of course a fancier camcorder will do the trick. but based on my experience (anecdotal evidence) they tend to gather dust and are used only a few times a year.

have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Miami Card Fan View Post
                            So I got the flip video today. Was $119 at Blockbuster (for some reason it was $141 at Best Buy)

Pros: Cheap and very easy to use. Very small, ulta light and portable, and not a huge investment.

Cons: Only an hour of video, video quality is just ok, very little zoom ability, and kind of a shaky picture.

Overall, seems it will serve my purposes. If I decide I need more in the future I've only invested a Benjamin.

Thanks again Han for the suggestion.
                            So after you film your sex tape, you'll have 58 minutes left to film the family?

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
                              So after you film your sex tape, you'll have 58 minutes left to film the family?
                              Already tried it. 54 minutes left bitch!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X