Carter: Israel has 150 nuclear weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter: Israel has 150 nuclear weapons

Jimmy Carter says Israel has at least 150 nuclear weapons. The former president made the claim during an appearance Sunday in Wales, according to BBC News.

"The U.S. has more than 12,000 nuclear weapons; the Soviet Union (sic) has about the same; Great Britain and France have several hundred, and Israel has 150 or more," Carter, a Democrat, says.

Israel, following a policy of ambiguity, has never confirmed reports that its arsenal includes nuclear weapons.

"The problem is that there are those who can use these statements when it comes to discussing the
    international effort to prevent Iran getting nuclear weapons," Aharon Zeevi-Farkash, a former intelligence official, tells Israel Radio, according to JTA.
    Shocking...

Did some old Jew screw Jimmy over on a business deal recently? Seems to be going out of his way to piss off Israel.

Comment

Jimmy is still referring to the Soviets. I'll wait for evidence he still has some brain cells kicking around upstairs before I worry about this.

Comment

Jimmy Carter - Is there anything he doesn't know?

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
          Jimmy is still referring to the Soviets. I'll wait for evidence he still has some brain cells kicking around upstairs before I worry about this.
          Well, knowing Jimmy, he probably could have named every fucking republic that broke away that still has warheads, but I doubt that would have been of much use.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
            Jimmy Carter - Is there anything he doesn't know?

Moon
            How to be a decent leader.

Just sayin.
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
              How to be a decent leader.

Just sayin.
              Great leader. Terrible President.

Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by 210 View Post
                Great leader. Terrible President.

Just sayin.
                Touche.

Comment

I was at a "house building party" for Habitat For Humanity in the Boston area a few years ago building a couple house on land donated to HFH...the plan was to build two houses in a week, and then the next month build two more houses in the lot next to that first lot.

Carter was in Boston giving a speech and came out to the job site very early Saturday morning just as we were getting started to meet everyone. When someone pointed out that we had more than enough help for the week to actually build all four houses but didn't have the materials, he got on the phone and within 2 hours we had enough stuff donated to build those other two houses.

When his speech was over he canceled his plans to return home and came back to the site and helped served dinner to all the guys working. He stayed at a local hotel and came back Sunday to continue helping where he could.

There's no debating man was a terrible president, but he's a much better man that most could ever hope to be.

Comment

There's no debating man was a terrible president, but he's a much better man that most could ever hope to be.
                    He and Bill Clinton kind of took different routes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post
                      Did some old Jew screw Jimmy over on a business deal recently? Seems to be going out of his way to piss off Israel.
                      Don't make the mistake that I did and somehow manage to mention the name Jimmy Carter while you're working out at the JCC.
                      From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

Originally posted by ppg shg View Post
                        Don't make the mistake that I did and somehow manage to mention the name Jimmy Carter while you're working out at the JCC.
                        Taz kick your ass?

Moon

Comment

Surrounded by a bunch of doctors and retirees, and they could tell from my lack of full out Jimmy Carter hatred (he laid a wreath on Arafat's grave!) that I am not Jewish.

Luckily we had friends in from Israel, so I was able re-establish my Jewish credentials, which were almost immediately lost again when they realized these Israelis were gay, and then re-established when the maddened horde realized our guests' parents were Holocaust survivors.

I ran the full Jewish gamut.
                          From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

There's no debating man was a terrible president
                            Uh, actually, that is debatable.

That the Jews hate him is a given...and may go a long way toward explaining why the "mainstream" opinion of him is negative.

but he's a much better man that most could ever hope to be
                            Which is one reason (among others) to doubt the "mainstream" opinion of him.

Comment

Working...
                            X