Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off Season College Basketball - Whom are you excited about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Season College Basketball - Whom are you excited about?

Billikens
    Illini
    Mizzou
    Miz State
    Salukis

Other
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

there is only one team to be excited about......THE BILLIKENS!!! :-)
    Roy Mueller

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post
      Billikens
      Illini
      Mizzou
      Miz State
      Salukis

Other
      On this list: Salukis

On my lsit: Longhorns
      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

This year, the Billikens finally make it back to the NCAA Tournament.

Okay, I say that every year. In all honesty, I believe that the 09-10 season will be their year unless the incoming crop of freshmen turns out to be pretty advanced. Majerus is bringing in a great bunch, but you don't want to expect too much out of a bunch of freshmen and Lisch/Liddell.

In the meantime, the upcoming season - the first in Chaifetz Arena - should be a blast...provided that I can get some decent seats.

Comment

Northwestern apparently has its first real recruiting class since Carmody showed up a million years ago. Got a seven-footer who was apparently also recruited by actual basketball programs. Wild, I know. But I'm actually looking forward to it, for once.

Comment

Should be an interesting season for the Illini.

We get Jamar Smith back. Alex Legion, who transferred from KY, will be suiting up for Mizzou and on.

Should be better offensively than last year. Still a young team.

Big Ten will be shite again.
            Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
            -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post

We get Jamar Smith back. Alex Legion, who transferred from KY, will be suiting up for Mizzou and on.

Team needs a shooter in the worst way. HOPEFULLY, Jamar can get his head out of his ass, stay on the court, and be that guy. Interested to see what they get out of Legion. Sucks he can't initially when the season starts.

The 2010 class is where it's at for the Illini.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2010
              Official Lounge Sponsor
              Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post

What's the over-under on Legion's nut-job mom making her first outburst?

Comment

The Big Ten does look to be pretty awful.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
                    The Big Ten does look to be pretty awful.

well apparently after cleaning house of the bums that cheating sampson had on his roster at indiana, the hoosiers have 2 players left. they are going to rotate members of the pep band for games.
                    Roy Mueller

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post
                      Team needs a shooter in the worst way. HOPEFULLY, Jamar can get his head out of his ass, stay on the court, and be that guy. Interested to see what they get out of Legion. Sucks he can't initially when the season starts.

The 2010 class is where it's at for the Illini.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2010

Between 2009 and 2010, the Illini will be unrecognizable. They will have more athleticism and talent on the floor than any Illini team I can remember.

D-Mac, Brandon Paul, Crandall Head, Jereme Richmond & Mike Tisdale.

Bench:
                      DJ Richardson
                      Joseph Bertrand
                      Mike Davis
                      Bill Cole
                      Stan Simpson
                      Tyler Griffey

That's a Final Four team.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                      -Barry Goldwater

Comment

not Mizzou. Again.
                        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! Go KU!

Comment

Well sinced you asked...

The Buckeyes should be very good. They have the #1 player in the country coming in 7'0 255 BJ Mullens, also have the #3 ranked swingman and fellow 5 star prospect William Buford 6'6" 180 joining the team.

They also have a 4 star PG named Anthony Crater who played on a HS team with 7 divison 1 recruits who I am very excited about and who should stick around for a couple of years.

A couple of weeks ago they also landed a couple of highly thought of JuCo transfers 6'9" Nikola Kecman chose the Buckeyes over Kentucky, and Jeremie Simmons a 6'2" PG who was a JuCo All-American who will help push Crater.

Mullens will mark the 3rd Buckeye center in 3 years who was picked in the first round and will likely be a candidate to go #1 overall.

Those guys join a solid core of players returning like Evan Turner, David Lighty, Jon Diebler, and Dallas Lauderdale. They are thought of as a top 15 team with the potential to be very good at this point.
                            You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Excited about Tom Crean. Unfortunately he has no elgibility left, though.
                              Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                              Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                              There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                              "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                              "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Working...
                              X