• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Duncan is a good fielder ... and Benie has thin skin

Good times at the PressBox ...

Linkageto the locked thread
    Dude. Can. Fly.

You know, Chris Duncan really does suck in left field.
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Well, Bernie is pretty much correct, although I wouldn't put as much stock as he does in ZR this early in the season, especially when a guy like Duncan hasn't played LF all that much.

Comment

Sucks sucks suuuuuuuucks. In the field. And I'm not a Duncan hater. He is useful as a lefty power bat. A .510 career slugging percentage means you deserve to keep your job. But I think Bernie, who obviously sees himself as defending Duncan against the haters, goes a little too far in talking up his defense.

But he does suck in left.

Comment

And Christ does Benie have thin skin. What is it with that dude? How can somebody that successful in his profession freak out so much over what dipshits on a message board post?

Comment

That's what I'm saying. I didn't think anyone in that thread said anything all that outlandish or got personal; they just said that no matter what ZR may show, our eyes tell us something different. And he freaks out AND locks the thread.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I think for the money he's making, Duncan is a decent value for the Cardinals...

But he does play left field like he's in the Army...it's not just a job, it's an adventure...at least he's catching the balls he should, but the benefit of that seems to be a bit diminished when he looks like he's performing a hacky sack routine on many of his catches and allowing runners to advance on what should be at least semi-routine flyballs...
              " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy View Post
                That's what I'm saying. I didn't think anyone in that thread said anything all that outlandish or got personal; they just said that no matter what ZR may show, our eyes tell us something different. And he freaks out AND locks the thread.
                The last guy (BM writing good stuff about Duncan so he could get access to the locker room, or whatever) was pretty ridiculous and pretty insulting. Other than that, it wasn't much.

Comment

He sucks bad out there, but he's a first baseman, I don't fault the guy, I fault the people sticking him out there.
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                    He sucks bad out there, but he's a first baseman, I don't fault the guy, I fault the people sticking him out there.
                    Yeah, we should start him at first base.

Comment

Originally posted by kah View Post
                      Yeah, we should start him at first base.
                      I didn't say that, but that is his position, if anyone is to be blamed for his play in the OF it's the people sticking him out there, they know he isn't an outfielder. And that is probably why they cut him so much slack..
                      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Bernwhale really is a little bitch when someone questions him...or course that John David character just egged him on. Classic Sandbox.
                        I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by kah View Post
                          Sucks sucks suuuuuuuucks. In the field. And I'm not a Duncan hater. He is useful as a lefty power bat. A .510 career slugging percentage means you deserve to keep your job. But I think Bernie, who obviously sees himself as defending Duncan against the haters, goes a little too far in talking up his defense.

But he does suck in left.
                          I don't hate him, but I would be considered a hater by most. I wanted to sell high on him. I'm still hoping that hasn't passed and if it's not too late, I am not all that convinced that he will be sold high. He does suck in the field and maybe gets to most/really it's some balls he should but he's not good and barely at the low point of average I would guess. But it's damn painful to watch.

I don't want to sell high on Ducky....but I wouldn't cry either.
                          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

When someone questions Jack at work, heads roll.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                              I didn't say that, but that is his position, if anyone is to be blamed for his play in the OF it's the people sticking him out there, they know he isn't an outfielder. And that is probably why they cut him so much slack..
                              he wasn't good there either. He's just a clutz.
                              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Working...
                              X