Jesse Ventura made an interesting point regarding McCain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse Ventura made an interesting point regarding McCain

If McCain were applying for a job with the federal government he would be turned do because of his age, the 65 year old limit for federal service.
    I have never liked the rule, and McCain will head the government kicking people out of jobs when he is older than them, in what is surely a harder more stressful job, and a job that requires a sharp mind.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

I don't think mandatory retirement ages come into play for elected positions.

The average age of Senators in 2007 is 62 years. The oldest Senator in 2007 is President pro tempore is Robert Byrd (90). See also Ted Stevens (85), Diane Feinstein (75), Daniel Inouye (84), Daniel Akaka (84), plus many others.
    This is nothing, and it shouldn't be brought up. As a Jesse fan, I'm embarrassed for him trying to make this a point.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
      If McCain were applying for a job with the federal government he would be turned do because of his age, the 65 year old limit for federal service.
      I have never liked the rule, and McCain will head the government kicking people out of jobs when he is older than them, in what is surely a harder more stressful job, and a job that requires a sharp mind.
      So what do you think of Teddy 1932 Kennedy still hanging around the Senate? You slobber all over Teddy..and never a concern over his age. Not once.

You crack me up Yaks.
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Jesse...go run into a turnbuckle or something.
        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Jesse also thinks the government was responsible for 9/11.

Stay in Mexico and keep surfing, Jesse.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
            Jesse also thinks the government was responsible for 9/11.

Moon
            Oh yeah...I forgot about that one.

I think he got dropped on his head too many times.
            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

This dude is really too old to be in office anymore. Did anyone catch his breakdown after hearing of Kennedy's diagnosis? This is actually an older picture of him.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Forty Ounce Curls View Post
                This dude is really too old to be in office anymore. Did anyone catch his breakdown after hearing of Kennedy's diagnosis? This is actually an older picture of him.

Yeah, I heard it. He was crying like a little bitch. Time to retire Bob. But then, Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms hung on as long as they could, so what the fuck, why not let ole' Pork Barrel Bobby stick around?

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by TTB View Post
                  So what do you think of Teddy 1932 Kennedy still hanging around the Senate? You slobber all over Teddy..and never a concern over his age. Not once.

You crack me up Yaks.
                  I'm guessing you didn't read a single word in Yaks' post...

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                    But then, Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms hung on as long as they could, so what the fuck, why not let ole' Pork Barrel Bobby stick around?

Moon
                    Indeed they did. Embarrassingly so.
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by 210 View Post
                      I'm guessing you didn't read a single word in Yaks' post...
                      I read it alright...and I also read into his motives for opening it and brought attention to his hypocrisy.

So sue me.
                      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB View Post
                        Oh yeah...I forgot about that one.

I think he got dropped on his head too many times.
                        Dude, you're so predictable. Do you think every single person who thinks the government may have had some part in 9/11 is a whacko? That must mean that literally millions of people in this world are crazy conspiracy nuts.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!
                        *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Originally posted by dhaab View Post
                          Dude, you're so predictable. Do you think every single person who thinks the government may have had some part in 9/11 is a whacko? That must mean that literally millions of people in this world are crazy conspiracy nuts.
                          RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!

Yup. Pretty much.
                          Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by dhaab View Post

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!
                            It was a joke...well, sort of.

But, you keep on believing that nonsense. You're not alone. Plenty otherwise sane people fall for these kind of idiotic stories. Perhaps some are even true but not many and not that one.

Occam's Razor dude.
                            Last edited by TTB; 05-22-2008, 08:03 PM.
                            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Jesse is a true American....that's why he lives in Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                              X