The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Let me fist say that I might feel this way because I read the Lord of the Rings, but the Narnia movies blow LOTR out of the water, it's not even close.
    Prince Caspian was a really good movie just like the first one was.

How many books are there in this series? I might have to go read them all, awesome story, great movies.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

MAGIC MISSILES!!

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
      Let me fist say that I might feel this way because I read the Lord of the Rings, but the Narnia movies blow LOTR out of the water, it's not even close.
      Prince Caspian was a really good movie just like the first one was.

How many books are there in this series? I might have to go read them all, awesome story, great movies.
      First, you're a fag.

Second, there are seven books in the Narnia series but I don't think you're mature enough for them yet.

Moon

Comment

I thought it was good, but comparing these movies to the LOTR movies is pretty dumb.

Comment

-RBB

Comment

Originally posted by Glovey View Post
            I thought it was good, but comparing these movies to the LOTR movies is pretty dumb.
            I agree there really is no comparison. Narnia is a far better movie, LOTR was a great set of books or stories, but the movies did them NO JUSTICE.

Comment

I've never seen any of the Narnia movies, but I'm intrigued. Might have to go up to blockbuster later this week and check out the first one.
              Photobucket

Comment

I agree there really is no comparison. Narnia is a far better movie, LOTR was a great set of books or stories, but the movies did them NO JUSTICE.
                As usual, you completely missed the point.

Comment

Originally posted by STL JA View Post
                  I've never seen any of the Narnia movies, but I'm intrigued. Might have to go up to blockbuster later this week and check out the first one.
                  Very good, loved them.

Comment

I thought the first two did the books justice.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                      I thought the first two did the books justice.
                      I thought their leaving out the Hobbit was just crazy, and I don't know but to me the books were great, one of the greatest series I have ever read if not the best, the movies were at best OK to me.

Comment

I need to check, but how out of order is the series going at this point? I know that at least Magicians Nephew was first, in chronological order, not Wardrobe, but it is not a good candidate for a film as there is little action mostly setting up of the story.

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

I'll probably go see this over the weekend.

The first one was on ABC not too long ago, once again a great movie.
                          Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                          "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

I thought their leaving out the Hobbit was just crazy, and I don't know but to me the books were great, one of the greatest series I have ever read if not the best, the movies were at best OK to me.
                            You do know that The Hobbit is not part of the Lord of the Rings, yes?

Moon

Comment

Have you ever read The Dark Tower series by Stephen King? I'm on the 3rd book right now and I think it is really, really good. It's definitely different. It's a mixed genre that meshes sci-fi/western/horror/fantasy. King has mentioned several times that the LOTR books offered inspiration. So far I like it a lot. I believe there are 7 books in the series.
                              Last edited by STL JA; 05-20-2008, 03:48 PM.
                              Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X