Ryan Ludwick contract question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Ludwick contract question....

He seems to have MLB service for pieces of seasons going back a ways. FA after this season? Arby-eligible? For how long if so?

Thanks.
    I like cheese.

Here are the details. I have no idea on his arbritration though.

Ryan Ludwick of
    1 year/$0.411M (2008)
    • re-signed 3/4/08
    • 1 year (2007), contract purchased 5/6/07
    • signed as a free agent 12/06 (minor-league contract)
    • 1 year (2006)
      • signed as a free agenet 1/06 (minor-league contract)
    • 1 year/$0.3175M (2005)
      • DFA 5/05, sent outright to AAA 6/05
      • re-signed 3/05 (split contract - $203,800 in minors)
    • 1 year/$0.3047M (2004)
    • ML service: 2.109
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
      Here are the details. I have no idea on his arbritration though.
      So a little over 2 years MLB service...I know some of the rules are arcane, but I think that makes him arbitration eligible after this season, and thus for the next two beyond?
      I like cheese.

Comment

it's still early, but it's not hard to imagine 3 long-term starting outfielders out of Ankiel, Ludwick, Schu, Rasmus and Mather. Exciting times.

Comment

A player is eligible for salary arbitration if he:
          1. is ineligible for free agency
          2. is without a contract
          3. cannot agree with his current team on a new contract
          4. has been on a major league roster or disabled list for at least three years
          "Super Two" exception[3] - A player with at least two years of experience may be eligible for salary arbitration if he:
          1. Meets the first three requirements from above
          2. Played in the majors for at least 86 days in the previous season
          3. Is among the top 17 percent for cumulative playing time in the majors amongst others with at least 2 years, but less than 3 years experience
          In this process, the player and the team both submit a salary offer for a new contract; the arbitrator chooses one number or the other, whichever is thought to be most "fair" given comparable wages among players with similar ability and service time. Players thus rely on arbitration and free agency to increase their salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by payitandbringit View Post
            A player is eligible for salary arbitration if he:
            1. is ineligible for free agency
            2. is without a contract
            3. cannot agree with his current team on a new contract
            4. has been on a major league roster or disabled list for at least three years
            "Super Two" exception[3] - A player with at least two years of experience may be eligible for salary arbitration if he:
            1. Meets the first three requirements from above
            2. Played in the majors for at least 86 days in the previous season
            3. Is among the top 17 percent for cumulative playing time in the majors amongst others with at least 2 years, but less than 3 years experience
            In this process, the player and the team both submit a salary offer for a new contract; the arbitrator chooses one number or the other, whichever is thought to be most "fair" given comparable wages among players with similar ability and service time. Players thus rely on arbitration and free agency to increase their salaries.
            So he was ineligible at the start of this season due to service time.

He'll be eligible at the end of the season.

Are the number of years he's under arbitration before FA eligibility reduced by his age?
            I like cheese.

Comment

1st year arb after this year. So not FA-elgible until after the 2011 season.
              Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
              Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
              There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
              "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
              "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Guy is attacking the ball right now.

When guys are going good....they go after the ball with the bat. He is crushing it.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                  When guys are going good....they go after the ball with the bat.
                  I can tell you watch a lot of baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
                    I can tell you watch a lot of baseball.
                    He should mention that to Troy Glaus.

-RBB

Comment

Originally posted by Tazlaz View Post
                      1st year arb after this year. So not FA-elgible until after the 2011 season.
                      Very good news to hear. Can keep him around on the cheap the next couple years and see what they have with him.

Remember, this is only a 6-7 week spurt to the start the season and you don't usually see guys his age magically become superstars for a prolonged period of time.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor
                      Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Just imagine what he'd get if La Russa named him the starting CFer....

I kid, I kid...he's played well enough to play most days in the corners...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                        X