Ted Kennedy Hospitalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Kennedy Hospitalized

U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy was airlifted to a Boston hospital Saturday morning after falling ill at the Kennedy compound in Hyannisport, the Cape Cod Times reported.
    He was first rushed to Cape Cod Hospital, and after being in the emergency room for two hours he was transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital, according to the Times.
    It's unknown what the 76-year-old senator's medical condition is.
    Reportedly a stroke. Family has been summoned

http://wbztv.com/local/senator.ted.k....2.726409.html

Deathpool?

Comment

Family has been summoned? wow
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Also had a bag valve mask during transport. Not a good sign

Comment

Should've left him and then come back to make sure he was ok 9 hours later.

Comment

If we were to die, God forbid, what are the rules of his seat? DNC appointee, to fill out balance of term; special election?

(RNC holding death vigil... )

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
              If we were to die, God forbid, what are the rules of his seat? DNC appointee, to fill out balance of term; special election?

Probably an appointment by the governor that would either be up for grabs at the general in November or would last the remainder of his term. It varies from state to state, but MA's Democratic governor and legislature would surely appoint a Democrat who would surely win any election.

Comment

Special election (Dems changed the rules when Kerry was running for president).

Comment

In most states the governor appoints his replacement, the governor of Mass. is a Democrat.

Comment

Senator Caroline Kennedy?

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                      Probably should wait until the body cools.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                        Should've left him and then come back to make sure he was ok 9 hours later.
                        ++
                        --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                        --Suck it cubbies.
                        --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

I'm sure it could be hers if she desires it upon his death or retirement, whichever may come first.

That's the thing, would she be interested?

Comment

I'm sure it could be hers if she desires it upon his death or retirement, whichever may come first.

That's the thing, would she be interested?
                            Yeah i don't know, I think if he just retired she might not, but if he were to die she might feel a little duty to take over for him, and also might get pushed along by the party.

Comment

Yeah i don't know, I think if he just retired she might not, but if he were to die she might feel a little duty to take over for him, and also might get pushed along by the party.

Part of me sees it the other way, where if he decided to retire , and personally asked her (to run), that she'd give it a go.

Were he to pass on, I don't know if she'd want to just at the behest of the DNC.

JMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X