Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Questions - Are Hillary and Barack the most powerful woman and AA in US History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions - Are Hillary and Barack the most powerful woman and AA in US History

I have Hillary as the number 1 woman and Obama as the number 2 Black male.

Should he become president - he would have a shot at approaching King depending upon his work.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Charles B. Rangel

Chair of the ways and means committee, of course if Obama wins he is bigger, but Charlie is a pretty influential dude.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

In all of US history, yaks comes up with CHARLIE FUCKING RANGEL, ignoring that the fuckin' Secretary of State is black.

The answer to both.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
        In all of US history, yaks comes up with CHARLIE FUCKING RANGEL, ignoring that the fuckin' Secretary of State is black.

The answer to both.
        What power does she have of her own? She is Bush's representative, Charlie is a big time power broker at the head of that committee.

Comment

The answer to both.
          Well done Jeffro - but Condi - is no King.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
            What power does she have of her own? She is Bush's representative, Charlie is a big time power broker at the head of that committee.
            She was National Security Adviser and is the Secretary of State, the chief diplomat of the most powerful nation in the world.

If you honestly think a committee chairmanship in Congress holds more power, then I need to leave this thread quickly before my head explodes.

Comment

Guess it kinda depends on how you define 'power.'

Moon

Comment

African Americans in the presidential line of succession:
                1. Condoleezza Rice

Comment

African Americans in the presidential line of succession:
                  1. Condoleezza Rice

Sure. Only gotta kill four other people first.

Colin Powell used to be the 5th person in line for the Presidency. Why is Condi more powerful than Powell?

Moon

Comment

Ray King

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
                      Ray King
                      That would be most powerful AA to Cardinal Girl.

That's another list -

Plus he's behind slow groove and myself even on that list.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                        Sure. Only gotta kill four other people first.

Colin Powell used to be the 5th person in line for the Presidency. Why is Condi more powerful than Powell?

Moon
                        That's a fair point. Probably comes down to two things - relative authority of the NSA and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and how directly they have/had the ear of the president. Certainly Condi comes out ahead in the latter, but as to the former, I have no idea. They appear to be best buds on The West Wing, AND they're both black. So I change my vote to Percy Fitzwallace.

Comment

That's a fair point. Probably comes down to two things - relative authority of the NSA and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and how directly they have/had the ear of the president. Certainly Condi comes out ahead in the latter, but as to the former, I have no idea. They appear to be best buds on The West Wing, AND they're both black. So I change my vote to Percy Fitzwallace.

So she has the presidents ear, but the power is his.
                          As Moon said I guess it's how you define power.
                          If it's the actual person who makes the decisions I don't think she has much relatively speaking.

Comment

Nancy Pelosi is in the line

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

1. Clinton

2. Rosa Parks
                              From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

Working...
                              X