MLB Week 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Week 7

I'm sorry. I don't have the time to do all the pitching matchups for the week. But here's your GDT.

How about that Asdrubal Cabrera, hm? And his teammate, Cliff Lee? 0.67 ERA? Cliff fucking Lee?
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

And how about that Lance Berkman, on a freaking tear at the plate for the ages...
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Ryan Howard still far beneath the Mendoza Line.

Comment

Someone needs to teach Frank Thomas how to slide.
        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

So far not so good for the Astros.

Two on/two out in the first and Carlos Lee flies out to the warning track in dead center after an IBB to Berkman.

Bottom of the first some two solid hits, a blooper and bad defense lead to 3 runs for the Giants.

Top of the second umpire blows a call at first that goes in favor of the Giants, not even close. Of course the next guy gets a hit.

Comment

Tampa Bay's in first place in the AL East. And just a couple of days ago they hit five games over .500 in a season for the first time in 11 years of play.

Comment

Cain doesn't have it tonight, but so far he's managed to fight his way through 3 tough innings.

3-1 Giants. Top o' the 4th coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by kah View Post
                Ryan Howard still far beneath the Mendoza Line.
                As is Robinson Cano, which is much more surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
                  Cain doesn't have it tonight, but so far he's managed to fight his way through 3 tough innings.

3-1 Giants. Top o' the 4th coming up.
                  Well he does have a homer now.

Astros have been winning a lot and getting the breaks. This feels like a worm has turned game with the Vizquel blooper, the homer by the pitcher, the passed ball, etc. I could see the Astros getting 12 hits and only 2 runs.

Comment

THAT's the Lance Berkman I know and love...swinging and missing at strike three.

And that's the Carlos Lee I don't like so much - homering to cut the lead to two.

Comment

Siddown bitch.

8 innings for Cain. Very nice. He's at 114 pitches now, so I have to assume he's done. Hopefully Wilson won't fuck this up...

Comment

Oh damn. Pence and Matsui slam into each other going after a pop up. Doesn't look good for either of them.

Comment

That damn sloppy first inning is going to bite Houston in the ass. If Bourn is going to bat less than .200 he needs to make better plays. I shouldn't knock on the guy because he defense had been outstanding but I am.

Cain was still chunking in the mid 90s after 100 pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post
                            That damn sloppy first inning is going to bite Houston in the ass. If Bourn is going to bat less than .200 he needs to make better plays. I shouldn't knock on the guy because he defense had been outstanding but I am.

Cain was still chunking in the mid 90s after 100 pitches.
                            Yeah he seemed to be laboring early on but he really got on a roll after the 4th inning or so. Strong game by him.

Looking forward to seeing Lincecum go tomorrow - that guy is definitely fun to watch.

Comment

1 pitch, 1 out.

Comment

Working...
                              X