Theiven TSA Bastards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theiven TSA Bastards

Ok, partial attentioning whoring alert. I just completed a 24 hour trek that took me from our beloved Lambert to Jenju airport in South Korea. I was on a total of 3 planes, St. Louis to Dalls, Dallas to Seoul, Seoul to Jenju. Keeping the remarks of my stupidity until later, but I decided to put my laptop case in my checked bag. Normally I wouldnt, but normally I wouldnt need to lug it around for 24 straight hours either.

Anyways, once I got to my room last night I found that someone had gone through my laptop bag (inside my much larger carry-on) and taken not only the laptop but my digital camera as well.

Now, IMO logical dictates that TSA would be the only ones responsible for this. Considering, that the laptop case was neatly packed into a much larger bag that would give no other indications of its contents without x-raying the bag itself. I suppose its possible that a lowly luggage grunt pilfered my shit, but I doubt it. Someone had to have known it was in there, ie, xray.

I've ruled out the plane from Dallas to Seoul since at that point my luggage probably would not have been re-xrayed, simply transfered plane to plane. The plane in Korea I suppose is possible, however, they make you wait for your bag to be xrayed before you leave the counter. Plus I hear that the punishment for theft here is severe enough that pety crime is almost non-existant.

So this leads me to my question, does anyone know how I can follow up with this? A TSA complaint line perhaps? Anyone had anything similar happen? American was the flight from STL to DAL. Should this be something I would contact them about?

No, I realize that in hindsite, packing a laptop case in a checked bag was probably asking for trouble. But I've been on flights were planes have been called back to the terminal prior to take-off so that someone can be questioned by TSA for something goofy that showed up on their bag xray.

Had this happen to a friend. Not a laptop, but stuff stolen from her checked luggage. AA gave her a voucher or something, if memory serves. I'd hit the airline first. They have business to lose; the TSA doesn't.

Comment

Cue the "I stole someone's laptop and digital camera at the airport" threads...
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
        Cue the "I stole someone's laptop and digital camera at the airport" threads...

Actually, my first thought was to somehow tie getting my shit stolen, complaining, then AA making my finish the flight sitting on the lav.

Comment

Originally posted by corey-south-city View Post
          Actually, my first thought was to somehow tie getting my shit stolen, complaining, then AA making my finish the flight sitting on the lav.

Seriously, though, that sucks. I've heard waaay too many stories about people losing shit in their luggage since the new TSA guidelines were put in place. Pretty sure a lot of these guys look at it as a license to steal...

Fuckers took my electric screwdriver from my carry-on in St. Louis a few years ago, despite the fact that I managed to get from San Jose to St. Louis with it without any problems...I'm still certain that ended up in the TSA guy's toolbox at home
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

I can remember listening to some AM talk show that devoted an entire call-in segment to people that have had stuff taken from them by TSA agents. It seemed like 3 out of every 4 callers were women that had expensive make-up taken from them by female TSA agents. And it was make-up that was packed according to their guidlines.

And thats just it, they can "confiscate" anything that they deem harmful or that falls into their grey guildlines of what they think you should or shouldnt have. So basicly, they have carte blanche to take anything they want.

Comment

Damn, that sucks.

You pretty much have to start with AA, and do it soon if you haven't already.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

I had a lost bag on a straight flight from St Louis to San Fran several years ago. They (the airline) said they would give me 50 dollars to get new clothes. This was March of 2001. That may have gone up to 75 dollars now.

My bag arrived on the next flight from St Louis.
                Sponsor of:
                Brian Elliott
                Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by corey-south-city View Post
                  It seemed like 3 out of every 4 callers were women that had expensive make-up taken from them by female TSA agents.
                  I don't think I'd want to wear someone else's make-up.

Comment

Originally posted by jack jones View Post
                    I don't think I'd want to wear someone else's make-up.

Sure you would....
                    I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Never, EVER pack your laptop in checked bags, dude. Carry-ons might be a pain, but you should just realize your chances of having high-end electronics stolen from your bag are very high.
                      Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Working...
                      X