Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Edmonds to the Cubs?

Please say it ain't so.

I heard Al and Dan talking about this a bit earlier.
    Make America Great For Once.

Dan and Al? I trust their word about as much as I trust us getting prizes at this joint.
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

I hope I don't have to root for Jimmy to fail, but I will if he puts on that trash uniform.
      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

I heard about that this weekend. It would be nice if he called it a career before he becomes sad...
        The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
          I heard about that this weekend. It would be nice if he called it a career before he becomes sad...
          Precisely.

The fucking Cubs?!
          Photobucket

Comment

Cubs poised to sign ex-Card Edmonds

It might not happen quite as fast as the Reed Johnson deal at the end of spring training, but the Cubs appear poised to sign veteran center fielder Jim Edmonds soon after he clears waivers Wednesday.
            That would mean a demotion to the minors for touted prospect Felix Pie, who entered Monday with a .222 average and strikeouts in one-third of his plate appearances. The lefty-hitting Edmonds and right-handed Johnson would share center-field duties.
            General manager Jim Hendry wouldn't comment on Edmonds, 37, because he technically remains property of the San Diego Padres until he clears release waivers.
            But multiple Cubs sources said the team plans to pursue Edmonds, and one said Edmonds has told his agent to talk to no one before he talks to the Cubs. The Cubs have considered a left-handed bat a need for weeks.
            Edmonds was dumped unceremoniously by the St. Louis Cardinals last winter in a trade for minor-league third baseman David Freese and is motivated by the opportunity to help a division rival beat his old team.
            The six-time Gold Glove winner and four-time All-Star clearly has lost a step in the outfield and was hitting .178 when the Padres released him. But he's a career .286 hitter with power when healthy, and the Cubs believe the serious calf injury that kept him out of much of spring training might have bothered him more than he let on after being activated April 5.
            Either way, one team source said, it's worth the prorated major-league minimum salary (about $280,000) to take a flyer on him, even if he lasts only a few weeks.
            The Padres acquired Edmonds after whiffing on attempts to land at least three other outfielders, including Cubs right fielder Kosuke Fukudome.
            Link

Looks like it's gonna happen.
            And it sounds like he really wants to go there.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

That's a lot of pouty strikeouts on the North Side, and he'll probably kill himself trying to cover center and left fields.

Good for the Cubs... picking up a player so bad he was dropped by the worst team in baseball. Genius.
              "At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed."
              – Frederick Douglass, doing an amazing job since 1852

Comment

Edmonds was dumped unceremoniously by the St. Louis Cardinals last winter in a trade for minor-league third baseman David Freese and is motivated by the opportunity to help a division rival beat his old team.
                Oh, bullshit.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                  Oh, bullshit.

Moon
                  That's not going to be good for business at 15f15te15n.

Comment

And as much as it will pain me, I will root against his cubby-assed self.
                    Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

Oh, bullshit.

Moon
                      I have to agree with Moon on this. He's the one who had the boner to get to SoCal...
                      The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Oh, bullshit.

Moon
                        Jim Edmonds Traded To San Diego
                        Created: 12/14/2007 10:42:16 PM
                        Last updated: 12/16/2007 12:23:47 PM

BERNIE WILSON
                        AP Sports Writer

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Hours after talks broke off with Mike Cameron, the San Diego Padres agreed in principle Friday to acquire center fielder Jim Edmonds and cash from the St. Louis Cardinals for a minor leaguer.
                        The deal was waiting approval from the commissioner's office because it will involve around $1 million going from the Cardinals to the Padres, according to a source with knowledge of the deal, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal hasn't been finalized.

The Cardinals will get minor league third baseman David Freese.
                        No really it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
                          That's not going to be good for business at 15f15te15n.
                          ++

Comment

So a player who asks to be traded, if possible, because he thinks he's still too good to be platooned, gets the trade he wants to one of the few teams he wants, is "unceremoniously dumped"? Oh what-the-fuck-ever.
                            Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

He may have not even said that shit, who knows.

(damn if I didn't just defend the primping center fielder, yukky)

Comment

Working...
                              X