Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia Pulls Off Win At TPC Sawgrass

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Garcia Pulls Off Win At TPC Sawgrass

    1. Garcia* (-5)
    2. Goydos (-5)
    3. Quinney (-4)
    4. Baird (-1)
    5. Ames (E)
    * -- won in a playoff

    Amazing how golf without Tiger is like... it's like it never happened.
    I'd love to see the ratings numbers for this tourney.
    I like golf, watching this tournament in particular is great, but without Tiger? Did I even hear it mentioned on TV today?
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

  • #2
    Goydos got screwed with that gust of wind at the end. If his ball would've landed on the green, Sergio would have had much more pressure on him and certainly would not have hit such a great shot.
    Official Lounge sponsor of Nick Plummer
    R.I.P. Rdog, davhaf

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by madyaks View Post
      1. Garcia* (-5)
      2. Goydos (-5)
      3. Quinney (-4)
      4. Baird (-1)
      5. Ames (E)
      * -- won in a playoff

      Amazing how golf without Tiger is like... it's like it never happened.
      I'd love to see the ratings numbers for this tourney.
      I like golf, watching this tournament in particular is great, but without Tiger? Did I even hear it mentioned on TV today?
      It wasn't mentioned nearly enough because in a very short-sighted move KSDK decided to carry the Cardinal game instead of the final round of the 5th major.

      And they decided to do that long before Tiger backed out of this one...
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

      Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BringBackZezel View Post
        It wasn't mentioned nearly enough because in a very short-sighted move KSDK decided to carry the Cardinal game instead of the final round of the 5th major.

        And they decided to do that long before Tiger backed out of this one...
        I was gonna post that I watched coverage of the 3rd round AND Final round on TV and I didn't give a shit that St. Tiger wasn't in the field.

        And golf without Tiger is simply golf where someone else has a chance to win a tournament. In other words, it's still exciting in a different kind of way.

        If yaks ever had to back up his comments with actual facts I don't think he'd ever post here.

        Comment


        • #5
          I've always liked Sergio. Glad he won yesterday. He was hilarious after the win, thanking Tiger for not participating and all!! Good stuff right thurrr....
          --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
          --Suck it cubbies.
          --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post
            I was gonna post that I watched coverage of the 3rd round AND Final round on TV and I didn't give a shit that St. Tiger wasn't in the field.

            And golf without Tiger is simply golf where someone else has a chance to win a tournament. In other words, it's still exciting in a different kind of way.

            If yaks ever had to back up his comments with actual facts I don't think he'd ever post here.
            What facts did I post that I couldn't have backed up with facts? WTF are you talking about?
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by madyaks View Post
              What facts did I post that I couldn't have backed up with facts? WTF are you talking about?
              Amazing how golf without Tiger is like... it's like it never happened.
              I'd love to see the ratings numbers for this tourney.
              I like golf, watching this tournament in particular is great, but without Tiger? Did I even hear it mentioned on TV today?
              You have no fucking clue.

              I like golf. I watch golf. I think those who watch golf or want to go and watch golf simply because of Tiger have absolutely no respect for the other competitors or for the game of golf itself.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BringBackZezel View Post
                It wasn't mentioned nearly enough because in a very short-sighted move KSDK decided to carry the Cardinal game instead of the final round of the 5th major.

                And they decided to do that long before Tiger backed out of this one...
                Could've been worse...Jay Randolph broadcasting from Sawgrass.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post
                  You have no fucking clue.

                  I like golf. I watch golf. I think those who watch golf or want to go and watch golf simply because of Tiger have absolutely no respect for the other competitors or for the game of golf itself.
                  What a load of BS, I like Golf too, but most people only have so much time to watch Golf or NASCAR or whatever else they like to watch, there are other things to do in life (for most of us), If I am going to take several hours out of two days of my weekend to watch golf I am going to watch it when Tiger is out there playing.

                  That's like saying I like baseball, but if the Cardinals are not the Saturday game of the week I am not watching and that is someone how disrespectful to other baseball teams. NO it means if you are going to take time out of your day when you could be doing other things it had better be the team you want to watch. When they are not playing you can go do "A, B, C" things with your family or whatever, and then when the Cards are on you can watch them.
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Agree with Yaks.

                    I still watch it, but it's not nearly as exciting. You want the best to compete.

                    Nothing to do with not respecting the game or the other players...just not as exciting.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.


                    "When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                    -Barry Goldwater

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I watched. I was rooting hard against Sergio. Probably why he won.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I usually would have watched some (even with Tiger out), but my father in law was at our place all weekend and we put on the Cardinal games for him.

                        -5 won in a playoff? Why such high scores (wind?, rough?) I seem to remember -12 to -15 being the norm for a winner there
                        Sketch in STL
                        Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

                        I'M WITH HILLARY!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sketch View Post
                          I usually would have watched some (even with Tiger out), but my father in law was at our place all weekend and we put on the Cardinal games for him.

                          -5 won in a playoff? Why such high scores (wind?, rough?) I seem to remember -12 to -15 being the norm for a winner there
                          Sunday was very windy. Only two rounds under par. Something like 15% of the players hit the 18th green in regulation. (None of the 3 contenders in the final two groups hit the fairway, or the green in reg. on 18).


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kconn View Post
                            Sunday was very windy. Only two rounds under par. Something like 15% of the players hit the 18th green in regulation. (None of the 3 contenders in the final two groups hit the fairway, or the green in reg. on 18).
                            Cool, thx.

                            I enjoy watching Open style tournaments where par is a good score a lot more than tournaments where -22 wins it and four 69s will get someone a tie for 22nd. The drama of the players knowing they are an errant shot away from a double bogey is more compelling than a series of 8 foot birdies.
                            Sketch in STL
                            Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

                            I'M WITH HILLARY!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by sketch View Post
                              Cool, thx.

                              I enjoy watching Open style tournaments where par is a good score a lot more than tournaments where -22 wins it and four 69s will get someone a tie for 22nd. The drama of the players knowing they are an errant shot away from a double bogey is more compelling than a series of 8 foot birdies.
                              I see both sides of that argument but I end up going the other way.
                              I'd rather see them on a regular course with regular conditions and not some "fixed" course as we see with the US Open.
                              I like to see how much better they are than the average golfer.
                              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X