The Gaming Thread (Any platform)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gaming Thread (Any platform)

I know we have some gamers here and I thought it would be nice to have one big thread devoted to games. Anything goes here. PS3, 360, Wii, PC, whatever.

One way to start this off would be to ask...

What are you all currently playing right now?

For me,

GTA IV
    Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
    Mortal Kombat II Online PSN

I think the next game I'd like to play through is Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I've played the demo and I remember liking it a lot. I also need to re-play the Metal Gear Solid games before MGS 4 comes out in June.
    Photobucket

The only game I play is Diablo 2.

No, really.

Comment

Originally posted by 210 View Post

No, really.
      That's one more than I play...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by 210 View Post

No, really.
        A lot of people still on there?

I played it a ton back in the day. Sadly, my most played Blizzard game is World of Warcraft. And I've played them all.

Can't wait until Starcraft 2.
        Photobucket

Comment

I've played Uncharted and enjoyed it. The story is a little silly but overall a pretty good game.

Right now I'm really getting into GTA IV. Before it was released I was close to beating Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. If you enjoyed the first Vegas you will like this one as it is more of the same.

Other PS3 games I've played:

Call of Duty 4 and 3. COD4 was my favorite game on the platform until the new GTA.

Medal of Honor: Airborne. Good, but not as good as COD4. The game is based on the 82nd Airborne which my grandfather was a part of during WWII.

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty. Just a terrible game.

Resistance: Fall of Man: Love this game and can't wait until the sequel. My first real game to play online.

Assassin's Creed: Just couldn't get into this one. I may go back one day

Comment

I have kids.... Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

I grew up with computers and video games. My dad was into computers back before there was one in every home. We had a Texas Instruments, a Commodore 64, Some big IBM machine with a Green Screen and eventually your more common PC. If there was a game made for these odds are I played it at some point.

When not playing computer games there were the gaming consoles. Atari. Intellivision. Nintendo. Sega. Super Nintendo. Playstation 1, 2 and now 3. I just wonder what kind of systems there will be in the future.

Comment

Most played:

GTA IV
                Hot Shots
                MLB '08 The Show

Sometimes:

Warhawk
                CS: Source (PC)
                Warcraft III (late start, still haven't beaten it)

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                  I have kids.... Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
                  I saw the new Mario Kart for the first time yesterday and thought it was pretty damn cool.
                  Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by STL JA View Post
                    I saw the new Mario Kart for the first time yesterday and thought it was pretty damn cool.
                    I think I will be grabbing that for "them" next week.
                    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Mario Kart is addictive.
                      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by bcruise View Post

CS: Source (PC)
                        Warcraft III (late start, still haven't beaten it)
                        Good stuff right there. I used to be the man at wc3 online.
                        Photobucket

Comment

Any World of Warcraft players or ex-WoW players?

I've been playing that game off and on since it came out. It's addictive as hell. I haven't played it in a few months, but I'm getting an itch to fire it up again.

I have a 70 priest just sitting there... doing nothing.
                          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by STL JA View Post
                            Good stuff right there. I used to be the man at wc3 online.
                            I anxiously await Starcraft II as well. That, Metal Gear Solid IV, and Final Fantasy XIII are tops on my most wanted list, and two of those are main reasons I bought the PS3. Backward compatibility was another, which is why I went for the 60 GB model.

Comment

Originally posted by bcruise View Post
                              I anxiously await Starcraft II as well. That, Metal Gear Solid IV, and Final Fantasy XIII are tops on my most wanted list, and two of those are main reasons I bought the PS3. Backward compatibility was another, which is why I went for the 60 GB model.
                              I have the same PS3 model as well. I bought mine when I purchased my HDTV a year ago. Those games you mentioned and the blu-ray player is why I bought my PS3.
                              Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X