The 75 Skills Every Man Should Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 75 Skills Every Man Should Master

A man can be expert in nothing, but he must be practiced in many things. Skills. You don't have to master them all at once. You simply have to collect and develop a certain number of skills as the years tick by. People count on you to come through. That's why you need these, to start.
    According to Esquire Magazine the 75 Skills are..........CLICK.

I've got some work to do!

Mr. G

I got about 22 down
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

good list. I have done a surprising number of those things

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

I'm about two out of three.

Comment

I can do the vast majority of those things...and the most important thing you should know in life, something that was told to me by my grandfather well before I was old enough to know what it meant, is on that page.

Comment

Originally posted by 210 View Post
            I can do the vast majority of those things...and the most important thing you should know in life, something that was told to me by my grandfather well before I was old enough to know what it meant, is on that page.
            Sew a button?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsOnlyTheRiver View Post
              Sew a button?
              Yeah, the skirts dig that

Comment

I guess I don't really master more than about a dozen.

Comment

I'm calling bullshit. I didn't see the word 'gloryhole' once in that entire article

Comment

Still working on 14, 16, 18, 19, 27, 29, 33, 34, part of 35, 36, 37, 43, 46, 55, 63, 68 and 72.

Comment

Lists are ridiculous. One size does not fit all. I have no interest in many of the items on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan View Post
                        Lists are ridiculous. One size does not fit all. I have no interest in many of the items on that list.
                        Which doesn't mean you shouldn't know how to do them

Comment

Originally posted by 210 View Post
                          Which doesn't mean you shouldn't know how to do them
                          Unless you're a bartender, why would you need to describe a glass of wine? Is it ever a good idea to be brand loyal? It's impossible to tell if someone is lying, and you could completely screw yourself if you guess wrong. Advice is only good if it helps the person you tell. Half the crap on the list is obviously one man's opinion, and I'm not that man.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan View Post
                            The list isn't for you. It's for other's perception of you. Just your basic bullshit Esquire article to get you to be interested in and buy shit that doesn't matter and you don't need.

Comment

This one is a laugher:

Hit a jump shot in pool. It's not something you use a lot, but when you hit a jump shot, it marks you as a player and briefly impresses women. Make the angle of your cue steeper, aim for the bottommost fraction of the ball, and drive the cue smoothly six inches past the contact point, making steady, downward contact with the felt.
                              It briefly impresses women that you should have no interest in impressing. Most of the time I've seen somebody attempt a jump shot, they end up looking like an idiot.

My list is a lot shorter.

1) Know your limitations
                              2) Hire good help when something is beyond your limitations.

Comment

Working...
                              X