Bush shifts on farm aid cap Favors raising income cutoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush shifts on farm aid cap Favors raising income cutoff

WASHINGTON - Despite crop prices at record-high levels, the Bush administration has signaled it's willing to back subsidies for farmers with incomes of up to $500,000. It previously endorsed a $200,000 cap.
    Currently, farmers with adjusted gross income of $2.5 million over three years cannot receive farm subsidies unless they get 75 percent of their income from farming.
    Link

Stupid farmers, if they were in the oil business there would be no limit to how much they could make and still get government handouts.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Get a fucking life.

ANY life.

Comment

$500,000? Imagine what they could make if they did have to pay illegals $50 an hour to pick their crops.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
        Get a fucking life.

ANY life.
        Yes Reggie there is no story in the fact that Bush wants to give money hand over fist to oil companies making record breaking profit, but farmers? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
          Yes Reggie there is no story in the fact that Bush wants to give money hand over fist to oil companies making record breaking profit, but farmers? No way.
          Get half a life.

Start SOMEwhere.

Comment

I grew up in a farming town and the farmers were the richest people in town. And when their kids hit 16 they (the kids) got a brand new truck with a bad ass sound system. It had to be a truck so their dad could call it farm equipment. I'm sure the sound system was some how paid for by Uncle Sam too.

So when Obama is President and oil is stil at $100+ will he be giving them money?

Comment

We have a farm for sale if anyone of you all knowledgable beings would like to have a go at it.
              FML

Comment

My dad is a farmer. Yes, crop prices are at record highs right now. So are insurance, fuel, fertilizer, and land.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH REGGIE View Post
                  We have a farm for sale if anyone of you all knowledgable beings would like to have a go at it.
                  Is this the farm that got burned up by the tenant farmer's tractor?

Moon

Comment

That guy has the answer, oil well in field of corn, George will never refuse him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
                      Get half a life.

Start SOMEwhere.
                      I agree with Reggie.

Hounding corrupt politicians may not make for an extravagant living, but it's quite fulfilling if your passion is the public interest. Especially once they finally do the perp walk

Just an idea ...
                      Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
                        My dad is a farmer. Yes, crop prices are at record highs right now. So are insurance, fuel, fertilizer, and land.
                        If your after deductions profit is half a million, you ought not bet getting gov't subsidies.

Comment

Originally posted by Miami Card Fan View Post
                          If your after deductions profit is half a million, you ought not bet getting gov't subsidies.
                          Bush, Cheney and the oil companies say FU.

Comment

Hog farmers this year lost 30 dollars on every hog they sold. Profit from one year is often a loss from the year before...so, please try to at least have an inkling of what you are talking about.

Be like Obama...it's about change,man.
                            "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

Originally posted by Miami Card Fan View Post
                              Are they talking about gross income or after costs? I'm with you if it's the latter. But those aren't most farmers. I don't know who they are, though they must be out there somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X