Interweb Service Provider Recs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interweb Service Provider Recs?

So, I need an Internet provider at me condo.

I have been ripping it off my neigbor for the past 2 years, but I believe they are on to me, as the service has not been working.

Any recommendations?

Caveats:

1. I do not want to purchase a land line.

2. I refuse to deal with Charter.

Thanks.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
    Caveats:

1. I do not want to purchase a land line.

2. I refuse to deal with Charter.

Thanks.
    Looks like you'll need to find someone else to steal from.

Comment

Is that what naked DSL is? No land line but you can still get access to DSL somehow? AT&T offers it I believe.

EDIT: http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=10850
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

If you're interested in cable but don't want Charter, I believe Charter is legally obligated to allow other providers to use their network to provide internet access.

A friend of mine in West County signed up for Comcast Cable and Internet Access. They're currently offering $20/mo internet for 6 mos. Can't hurt to give 'em a call...

-RBB

Comment

Is U-Verse available at your place? You can just get the Internet from them and not the TV service...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

If you just use a laptop, see if your firm will pay for a wireless card from Verizon or AT&T.
            Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

Do you own your home?

Hughes net, formerly Direcway...Broadband via satellite.

http://go.gethughesnet.com/HUGHES/Ro....entity.Entity[OID[91908CBE85AD4C428CCD8D5CDB016B51]]

Comment

I'm not sure, but I thought someone sued ATT or whatever to be able to get DSL without phone service. It might take some bitching and saying you know they do it, but "I think they do".
                And DSL is da bomb.

Bud I did just see Charted is rolling out 16meg service. 16 for gods sake and I only have 6.
                Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

I hear you can get ATT high speed without getting their phone service.
                  If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
                    I hear you can get ATT high speed without getting their phone service.
                    My father in law has AT&T DSL without regular phone service (only uses his cell phone). They can wire up a internet only type line.
                    Sketch in STL
                    Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Does anyone live close enough to Demun that I can rip their Internet off?

K, thanks.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                      -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                        Do you own your home?

Hughes net, formerly Direcway...Broadband via satellite.

http://go.gethughesnet.com/HUGHES/Ro....entity.Entity[OID[91908CBE85AD4C428CCD8D5CDB016B51]]
                        Hellllllllllllllllllll no.
                        Photobucket

Comment

I'll bet you can get DSL from AT&T without having a phone line.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
                            I'll bet you can get DSL from AT&T without having a phone line.
                            Are you kidding? Where'd you hear that?

-RBB

Comment

Originally posted by RedBirdBrain View Post
                              Are you kidding? Where'd you hear that?

-RBB
                              Internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X