Seacrest to replace Larry King?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seacrest to replace Larry King?

Ryan Seacrest might be adding hosting duties of another kind to his schedule in 2009. A source from within CNN says that Seacrest, who has filled in for his friend Larry King in the past, is involved in "serious negotiations" to take over “Larry King Live” around year’s end. King told The New York Times in April 2007 that Seacrest would be his first choice to take over the show when the time came.

“He’s the classic generalist,” King told the Times. “The only thing I don’t know, and I’ve gotten to know him pretty well, is how versed he is in politics, world affairs. Does he read the paper? Is he interested in Iraq? Because if he is, he’s going to be very good.”

A rep for Seacrest said that “Larry and Ryan are close and Ryan does fill in as a guest host from time to time, but we have no comment on this story.” Another source close to CNN, on the other hand, said “there is no truth to this story.”
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24487723/

I Cannot stand that faggot!

They should give the gig to Anderson Cooper.

When I think "gravitas," I think, "Ryan Seacrest."

Comment

Bill O'Reilly made the jump from Entertainment Tonight to Fox News.

Of course, Seacrest moving to the Larry King Show is a bit different since he would be moving to a news rather than entertainment gig.
      Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
        When I think "gravitas," I think, "Ryan Seacrest."
        When I think of threads worthy of a , I think of this one.
        Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
        "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

I'm just happy Larry might go away, back in the day on the radio before he go huge I liked him, now it's sort of all about Larry.
          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by hkyfan View Post
            Bill O'Reilly made the jump from Entertainment Tonight to Fox News.

Of course, Seacrest moving to the Larry King Show is a bit different since he would be moving to a news rather than entertainment gig.
            This is news?

If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

This should be as successful as The Man Show was when they replaced Adam Carolla and Jimmy Kimmel with Joe Rogan and Doug Stanhope. Not even Juggy Girls could save it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
                This is news?

Why do you have a problem with Larry King having black folk on his news program?
                Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

anybody have to watch "Channel One" in middle school/high school (early 90s)?

Andersen Cooper got his start on Channel One. Everyone used to make fun of him..

Ahh yes.. now looking back.. nothing like making your audience captive with forced programming with your propaganda.. all for the sake of free tv's in every classroom.

Comment

Ryan Seacrest is an asshat, douchebag.
                    Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by dooz View Post
                      anybody have to watch "Channel One" in middle school/high school (early 90s)?

Andersen Cooper got his start on Channel One. Everyone used to make fun of him..

Ahh yes.. now looking back.. nothing like making your audience captive with forced programming with your propaganda.. all for the sake of free tv's in every classroom.
                      Yep...

He and Lisa Ling were reporters for that little endeavor...

And of course, the hip & cool Serena Altschul and the smoky Rawley Valverde...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                        Yep...

I remember that 15 minutes of hurrying to finish up homework.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                          Yep...

ha! that brings back memories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_One_News

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post
                            That's what I did...loved home room time...

That and "activity period", i.e. a bonus 25 minutes to finished up stuff I blew off on Monday and Wednesday nights...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post
                              ++

yeah.. I remember thinking to myself that there is no reason to finish all my homework, I've got Channel One time

Comment

Working...
                              X