Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skinny white guy declares for NBA Draft; not European, won't get drafted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinny white guy declares for NBA Draft; not European, won't get drafted.

A gentleman by the name of Zach Feinstein decided to test the powers that be at the National Basketball Association. With just a letter and a few forms of information the 5'8", 130 pound Junior at Washington University in St. Louis (double majoring in Systems Engineering and Applied Mathematics), is officially a candidate for the NBA Draft......
    At this point I was unsure what would be needed next, so I waited to be contacted.

Finally on April 1, I got a reply - a letter in my mailbox from the NBA. But this was no April Fools' joke. They were letting me into the NBA Draft.

All I needed to do was fill out 3 pages. I faxed those forms in on April 2nd.

Since I had waited and heard nothing back from the NBA in terms of confirmation, on the morning of April 14th I decided to call up the NBA. This conversation went quite well as Erika Ruiz quickly confirmed that all my papers were in order and no further steps needed to be made by me. And behold as of May 1 I am able to find myself on the Early Entry List at draftexpress.com and nbadraft.net under "unknown players".
    How awesome is that? Even more how great would it be if a team completely f'ed up and took the kid?! Good work Zach and good luck in New York on June 26th!
    http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/...nba-draft.html

Fucking awesome. I've always wanted to do something like this, but probably for the NFL. Think they invite everyone to the combine?

no more stupid than Kalen Grimes declaring himself eligible.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post

Fucking awesome. I've always wanted to do something like this, but probably for the NFL. Think they invite everyone to the combine?
      Maybe that's where SteveI went

Comment

Charlie Tuna has stated in the past that if you are white and too skinny, you won't get drafted....
        TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

Originally posted by AWSmith98 View Post
          Maybe that's where SteveI went
          I think all beer drinking leagues are amateur ones. Maybe he joined a seminary?!?!11
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott
          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post
            I think all beer drinking leagues are amateur ones. Maybe he joined a monestary?!?!11

FTFY, and it may very well be true after marrying GG

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post

It's actually pretty tough to get to the combine. There are a bunch of guys from major colleges who end up getting drafted who don't receive an invite.
              Official Lounge Sponsor:
              Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
              The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
              Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

15 minutes of fame! what a great bar story to tell the rest of his life. good stuff.
                Roy Mueller

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Lippa View Post
                  It's actually pretty tough to get to the combine. There are a bunch of guys from major colleges who end up getting drafted who don't receive an invite.
                  Oh, sure, just ruin my dreams.

Comment

Shit, I should declare for the draft.

I'm reasonably sure that I'd instantly be compared to Steve Nash, once the scouts saw me play.
                    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Working...
                    X