Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jimmy Ballgame going to be released (UPDATED: Will be cut today)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jimmy Ballgame going to be released (UPDATED: Will be cut today)....

From ESPN Rumor Central...

Quote:
    Padres looking for help in center field
    The San Diego Padres currently have Jim Edmonds patrolling center field, but it is no secret that they would like to get younger at the position, reports the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The Padres have explored numerous trade options, including Felix Pie of the Chicago Cubs, Jeremy Reed who was demoted to the minors by the Seattle Mariners, Tony Gwynn Jr. of the Milwaukee Brewers and Coco Crisp of the Boston Red Sox.

The Cubs have been keeping an eye on Padres' shortstop Khalil Greene and Felix Pie has been losing playing time to Reed Johnson, so the potential is there for a deal. Boston, however, appears to be asking for too much (Padres' top prospect Chase Headley) in return for Coco Crisp.

Word around SD is that Jimmy Ballgame has about 1-2 weeks to get it together or he may be released/DFA'd.

Sad...

Jim is without a doubt, one of my top 5 favorite Cardinals. Probably top 3. Hate seeing him go out like this. The little I've seen of him in SD, he hasn't looked good defensively. That is sad.

BTW, does anyone know how David Freese is playing in the minors?
    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
    --Suck it cubbies.
    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Originally posted by F the Cubs View Post
      Jim is without a doubt, one of my top 5 favorite Cardinals. Probably top 3. Hate seeing him go out like this. The little I've seen of him in SD, he hasn't looked good defensively. That is sad.

Me too...I love(d) the guy. He was the original mancrush. Him and Keith Hernandez (Jack Clark and Willie were close) were my all-time faves.

He hasnt looked good defensively and he's batting .177 or so and slugging a bit over .300. Put those together and he's a feew weeks away from being released.

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi View Post
        Me too...I love(d) the guy. He was the original mancrush. Him and Keith Hernandez (Jack Clark and Willie were close) were my all-time faves.

He hasnt looked good defensively and he's batting .177 or so and slugging a bit over .300. Put those together and he's a feew weeks away from being released.
        He can come hang-out in the Cardinal dugout with Larry Walker for the rest of the year. I think Tony and the peeps of St. Louis would be okay with that.
        --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=501896
          Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Thanks, kah. Sounds like he's doing okay. Nuttin' too special, though. He is 25, so I guess that's not a good thing for Mr. Freese and the Cards.
            --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

Lots of strikeouts.
              Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by kah View Post
                Lots of strikeouts.
                Not that that's a new development or anything...
                Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Quote:
                  The San Diego Padres currently have Jim Edmonds patrolling center field, but it is no secret that they would like to get younger at the position, reports the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The Padres have explored numerous trade options, including Felix Pie of the Chicago Cubs, Jeremy Reed who was demoted to the minors by the Seattle Mariners, Tony Gwynn Jr. of the Milwaukee Brewers and Coco Crisp of the Boston Red Sox.

The Cubs have been keeping an eye on Padres' shortstop Khalil Greene and Felix Pie has been losing playing time to Reed Johnson, so the potential is there for a deal. Boston, however, appears to be asking for too much (Padres' top prospect Chase Headley) in return for Coco Crisp.

Word around SD is that Jimmy Ballgame has about 1-2 weeks to get it together or he may be released/DFA'd.

Sad...
                  Not surprising...as you and I have discussed, he's a shell of his former self...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                  Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                  -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Luhnow mentioned Freese in his chat on 1380 today...check the other thread with his name in the title to listen...

Comment

Quote:

Sad...
                      Damn - If the kids weren't doing so good I wouldn't mind him for advisory purposes.
                      Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                      God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

If you look at his numbers, Jimmy's been painting a picture for the last three or four years.
                        "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                        --Albert Einstein

Comment

This makes me sad. (even if it is a rumor) I really didn't want him to go out this way...I totally understand the trade, but damn, maybe it would have been better for him to platoon with Ank or whatever the plan was for him here...At least he might have gone out with a little dignity, rather than DFA/release.
                          Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

Shu for Khalil Greene?

what say yous?
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
                              If you look at his numbers, Jimmy's been painting a picture for the last three or four years.
                              Wonder if he's getting booed in San Diego?

Comment

Working...
                              X