Up in flames -- neighbors house catches on fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up in flames -- neighbors house catches on fire

I got home from the Cardinals-Cubs game yesterday and there was nothing going on across the street. But as I was changing clothes I noticed a lot of cars stopping outside and people standing around. I looked outside and saw the house across the street was on fire. Nobody was home but they had a dog and two cats inside. One of the cats made it out as did the dog (you can see the dog in the first picture), but they could not locate the other cat. The fire stayed in the garage mostly. It took the firemen 7-8 tries to get the front door busted down. I did not get but the one picture of the fire because I was told to go back inside because of the car in the driveway. It caught some of the heat from the fire and word was there were propane tanks in the garage. There was one that you can see that is in the front yard that was taken from somewhere in the house.

Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

You know them very well? That sucks.

(plug-in hybrid?)
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

I don't have any pictures, but our house burned down in 1999.
      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
        You know them very well? That sucks.

(plug-in hybrid?)
        I know who they are but I am not close friends with them. We say hi to each other. A lady who is in her 60's owns the house and her daughter lives there with her two kids (daugher in jr high and son in high school).
        Sponsor of:
        Brian Elliott

Comment

Hazelhood en fuego.

Comment

What started the fire? It obviously started in the garage. Is that where the breaker box is?
            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy View Post
              What started the fire? It obviously started in the garage. Is that where the breaker box is?
              The breaker boxes in most of these houses are in the basement. They had tons of crap in the garage so no telling what started it. The kitchen is also on the wall closest to the garage so they could have left the stove on too. No word that I know of what started it.
              Sponsor of:
              Brian Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post
                The breaker boxes in most of these houses are in the basement. They had tons of crap in the garage so no telling what started it. The kitchen is also on the wall closest to the garage so they could have left the stove on too. No word that I know of what started it.
                About 6 years ago my next door neighbors house caught fire in the breaker box area of his garage. Good thing he was home at the time, or the whole house would have gone up. A towel that was lying on the garage floor below the breaker box caught fire and about 4 feet away from that was a couch. Once that couch caught fire, that would've been the end. But he got to it before that happened.

I see a lot of people who put tons of shit in their garage, and its a bad idea. I keep mine uncluttered enough to put both cars in there.
                “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Damn, the melted front of the car is crazy.

Comment

So Gup, are you tapping that 60 year old?

Comment

What's up with the extension cord wrapped around the grill of the Impala in the driveway? Block heater?

Comment

Holy shit! Nothing like a little excitement in the ol' neighborhood.
                        Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

Is the dog in the front window in the first picture? Also, was that Glovey standing at the back of that car wearing a football jersey in the first picture?
                          LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Originally posted by DC Santana View Post
                            Is the dog in the front window in the first picture? Also, was that Glovey standing at the back of that car wearing a football jersey in the first picture?
                            "One of the cats made it out as did the dog (you can see the dog in the first picture)"

Originally posted by Celtic View Post
                            So Gup, are you tapping that 60 year old?
                            negative

Originally posted by wildhorse View Post
                            What's up with the extension cord wrapped around the grill of the Impala in the driveway? Block heater?
                            I am not sure what the deal is with that either. That would have been burned if it was there when the fire happened but it looks like it was put there after the fact.
                            Sponsor of:
                            Brian Elliott

Comment

That DOES look like the dog in the window.

I wonder why the firemen just didn't break the front window and let themselves in the house?

At any rate, looks like they caught it before it spread to the entire house so the owner/renter's are pretty lucky.

When did they get home Gup?

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Working...
                              X