0.00%
    He'll be our closer until All Star Game
    15.79%
    He'll be our closer until end of season
    26.32%
    He'll continue until his leg falls off
    57.89%

Until he dies.
    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky View Post
      Until he dies.
      ++ No way TLR pulls the plug on him. He will use him no matter how many guys he walks, hits or lets on base.

I was listening to the game last night telling myself over and over, "I have a bad feeling about this...." and sure enough.

If your fucking closer can not throw strikes consistently, then he needs to be replaced. Ron Villone has been out performing him fer crissakes.
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

He'll hit the DL after his next implosion.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
          ++ No way TLR pulls the plug on him. He will use him no matter how many guys he walks, hits or lets on base.

I was listening to the game last night telling myself over and over, "I have a bad feeling about this...." and sure enough.

If your fucking closer can not throw strikes consistently, then he needs to be replaced. Ron Villone has been out performing him fer crissakes.
          He's finished, as far as I can tell. I didn't see or hear the game, but a good indicator that Izzy is hurt is when he starts relying almost exclusively on the cutter.

Comment

Before we send Izzy back to AAA, we need to account for his being lights-out the first three weeks of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
              Before we send Izzy back to AAA, we need to account for his being lights-out the first three weeks of the season.
              Steroids.

Comment

No, they don't. It only matters what he did last night.

I would much rather have any of the other closers in the division because they did not blow saves last night.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                -Barry Goldwater

Comment

The thing of it is that you don't keep players on your 25-man roster and not use them. Of course TLR will keep using Izzy, because Izzy is on the team. They'll use him until he hits the DL.

Check the 2006 game logs. Even as his hip was deteriorating Izzy would go through stretches where he was very effective.
                  Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                    No, they don't. It only matters what he did last night.

I would much rather have any of the other closers in the division because they did not blow saves last night.
                    3 Blown saves and a 7.11 ERA....

Did you actually watch his pitches? no movement...none...no velocity...none. Off-speed...wasnt working.
                    Last edited by Indu WangZi; 05-03-2008, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Izzy's monthly ERAs from 2006...

April: 6.00
                      May: 0.77
                      June: 5.25
                      July: 0.69
                      August: 5.06
                      September: 9.00 in three games before he finally hit the DL.

Comment

Actually, he was hitting 89.

If he continues a decline, yes, he needs to be DLed. But, 2 weeks is a rush judgment IMO.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                        -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Didn't he have like 10 blown saves in '06? That can't happen again. This division is going to be way too competitive to piss that many games away until they realize his hip is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                            Actually, he was hitting 89.

If he continues a decline, yes, he needs to be DLed. But, 2 weeks is a rush judgment IMO.
                            This is rational, but last night had 2006 Isringhausen written all over it. Laboring to find the strike zone and serving up a meatball when he does.

Comment

Originally posted by kah View Post
                              This is rational, but last night had 2006 Isringhausen written all over it. Laboring to find the strike zone and serving up a meatball when he does.

Yes. We decided the strike zone might need to be put on a milk carton with a "Missing" title for Izzy's breakfast table today.
                              Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

Working...
                              X