[Music] Good news for Wang...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Music] Good news for Wang...

Listening to an advance of the new Elvis Costello & The Impostors (who are basically Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley and Johnathan Rice, Pete Thomas, and Davey Faraghar with Steve Nieve showing up here and there) and it sounds like the best rock and roll record he's recorded in...decades?

Seriously, it's THAT good. Like Armed Forces good.
    I like cheese.

I dig No Hiding place...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Yeah, that song is a terrific choice to kick off the album.

BTW, Elvis insisted that this record be released on vinyl only on the 22nd of April. If you bought the vinyl, you got a download code for a digital version of the record. CD versions hit stores on Tuesday of next week.
      I like cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by triggercut1 View Post
        Listening to an advance of the new Elvis Costello & The Impostors (who are basically Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley and Johnathan Rice, Pete Thomas, and Davey Faraghar with Steve Nieve showing up here and there) and it sounds like the best rock and roll record he's recorded in...decades?

Seriously, it's THAT good. Like Armed Forces good.
        Yes, I've listened to some of the tracks. I'm a big fan of the Impostors. And, any time Nieve gets involved with Declan, good results usually follow.

I cant wait to hear the entire album..and you gotta love he's old school with the vinyl. Couldnt get it in Hong Kong, so I have to wait until the wide-release. Also, he'll be touring to support the new album...so, I'm going to have to schedule my vacation around that.

No Hiding Place is solid...I've heard from other members of the Elvis Costello forum I frequent that the songs only get better.

Can't wait...

Comment

And..if this album is half as good as Armed Forces..then, it should be one of the top albums of the year, if not the best.

Armed Forces...was one of his best.

Party Girl..Green Shirt...Goon Squad.

I really cant tell you how excited I am....

Comment

Listened to the rest of it...pretty darn solid

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
            X