McCain in Iowa -- Get This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCain in Iowa -- Get This

John McCain was in Des Moines for a town hall deal. Somebody stood up and asked him -- I am not making this up -- whether it's true that he has occasionally referred to his wife as a "c-nt." I'm afraid to even spell it out, but it rhymes with bunt.

McCain said that wasn't appropriate language and went on to the next question.

God bless America.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/McCain...n_92_0407.html

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

That settles it. I'm voting for McCain.
      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Somebody sent me an e-mail yesterday outlining all of the things she's done, and it made her seem quite remarkable.
        June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Since when is it not ok to call your wife that?
          If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
            John McCain was in Des Moines for a town hall deal. Somebody stood up and asked him -- I am not making this up -- whether it's true that he has occasionally referred to his wife as a "c-nt." I'm afraid to even spell it out, but it rhymes with bunt.

McCain said that wasn't appropriate language and went on to the next question.

God bless America.
            You're afraid to spell it out, but you had no problem asking McCain that in front of a bunch of people.
            RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
            You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by JWB View Post
              You're afraid to spell it out, but you had no problem asking McCain that in front of a bunch of people.
              I care more about our female posters.
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

McCain's marriage to Cindy is a heartwarming story.

Carol, who remains on good terms with her former husband, generally has avoided reporters interested in hearing her side of the story.

She did briefly address her divorce to Timberg: "The breakup of our marriage was not caused by my accident or Vietnam or any of those things. I don't know that it might not have happened if John had never been gone. I attribute it more to John turning 40 and wanting to be 25 again than I do to anything else."

In the divorce settlement, McCain was generous with Carol, the mother of their daughter Sidney and two sons, whom McCain had adopted. Among other things, McCain gave Carol the rights to houses in Florida and Virginia and agreed to provide insurance or pay for additional treatment she was expected to require.

Except for signing the property settlement, Carol did not participate in the divorce. A court summons and other paperwork sent to her during the proceeding went unanswered.

In April 1980, the judge entered a default judgment and declared the marriage dissolved.

A month later, McCain married Cindy in Phoenix, where the couple would move. The wedding party included a couple of McCain's high-profile friends from Washington. Sen. William Cohen was the best man. Sen. Gary Hart was a groomsman.

Carol went her separate way, finding work as a personal aide to Nancy Reagan during the 1980 presidential primary campaign and later running the White House Visitors Office.
                v

Comment

Rove is always entertaining.

Karl Rove's Short Memory

In today's Wall Street Journal, Karl Rove waxes poetic about John McCain's Vietnam war heroism. It is "troubling," Rove writes, that more Americans are not aware of McCain's heroics. Gosh, perhaps the solution is to have unhinged veterans appear on stage with George W. Bush to denounce John McCain for turning his back on veterans.
                  Bonus passage: Rove writes, "Another McCain story, somewhat better known, is about the Vietnamese practice of torturing him by tying his head between his ankles with his arms behind him, and then leaving him for hours." So, wait, now putting prisoners in stress positions is torture?
                  --Jonathan Chait
                  v

Comment

Can you imagine the media if Obama called his wife a cunt? But McCain? The "liberal" media doesn't mention it.
                    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                      Can you imagine the media if Obama called his wife a cunt? But McCain? The "liberal" media doesn't mention it.
                      I'd personally kick Obama's ass
                      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

2 covers at the 7-11---I think it was the enquirer and the globe---cover story is obama cheating on Michelle, and Hillary has some sort of gay sex deal going on. No covers for McCain. I am still betting on him and Mindy McReady pretty soon.
                        v

Comment

We all know McCain is an asshole.
                          Photobucket

Comment

I'm not sure about his wife, but I am positive that McCain is certainly a cunt.

Comment

Vapors
                              "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

Working...
                              X