Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SI.com Ranks the MLB Ballparks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SI.com Ranks the MLB Ballparks

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...x.html?eref=T1

    Here's how they're ranked:

    1. Cleveland Indians - Progressive Field
    2. Milwaukee Brewers - Miller Park
    3. Pittsburgh Pirates - PNC Park
    4. Detroit Tigers - Comerica Park
    5. St. Louis Cardinals - Busch Stadium
    6. Seattle Mariners - Safeco Field
    7. Colorado Rockies - Coors Field
    8. Chicago White Sox - U.S. Cellular Field
    9. Anaheim Angels - Angel Stadium of Anaheim
    10. Philadelphia Phillies - Citizens Bank Park
    11. San Diego Padres - Petco Park
    12. Kansas City Royals - Kauffman Stadium
    13. Cincinnati Reds - Great American Ballpark
    14. Baltimore Orioles - Orioles Park at Camden Yards
    15. Chicago Cubs - Wrigley Field
    16. Houston Astros - Minute Maid Park
    17. San Francisco Giants - AT&T Park
    18. Toronto Blue Jays - Rogers Centre
    19. Atlanta Braves - Turner Field
    20. New York Yankees - Yankee Stadium
    21. Boston Red Sox - Fenway Park
    22. Los Angeles Dodgers - Dodger Stadium
    23. Oakland Athletics - McAfee Coliseum
    24. Tampa Bay Rays - Tropicana Field
    25. Arizona Diamondbacks - Chase Field
    26. Minnesota Twins - Metrodome
    27. Texas Rangers - Rangers Park in Arlington
    28. New York Mets - Shea Stadium
    29. Washington Nationals - RFK Stadium
    30. Florida Marlins - Dolphin Stadium
    The rankings were done before the Nats' new stadium opened apparently.

  • #2
    Number one in Fan IQ. Best fans in baseball!

    Comment


    • #3
      why is SF's park so far down the list? I thought that was a popular one.
      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yankee Stadium is rated way too highly on "Tradition". I've been to the House at least a half-dozen times in the last 5-10 years, and with all the constant remodeling/improving of the stadium they've done, they've managed to scrub damn near all the tradition out of the place. Unless you're out towards the monuments in the outfield, Yankee stadium feels like a cookie-cutter ballpark.
        I like cheese.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
          why is SF's park so far down the list? I thought that was a popular one.
          That place had too much steriods.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by triggercut1 View Post
            Yankee Stadium is rated way too highly on "Tradition". I've been to the House at least a half-dozen times in the last 5-10 years, and with all the constant remodeling/improving of the stadium they've done, they've managed to scrub damn near all the tradition out of the place. Unless you're out towards the monuments in the outfield, Yankee stadium feels like a cookie-cutter ballpark.
            Not to mention some of the Yank fans are just plain nuts.

            Comment


            • #7
              Miller Park ranked 2nd, while Kauffman ranked 12th? Oh really?
              Make America Great For Once.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
                why is SF's park so far down the list? I thought that was a popular one.
                From most things I have heard/read - it's the best, followed by PNC (which is the one I want to see the most).

                I'm finally going to Miller Park on the 10th. My first MLB game was at the old County Stadium in '89.

                Comment


                • #9
                  By the way - the title should include "FAN SURVEY".

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                    From most things I have heard/read - it's the best, followed by PNC (which is the one I want to see the most).

                    I'm finally going to Miller Park on the 10th. My first MLB game was at the old County Stadium in '89.
                    PNC looks awesome. It's teh park that talked me into being okay with us getting a new one. I drove outside SF's during the offseason and it looks awesome too.
                    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
                      PNC looks awesome. It's teh park that talked me into being okay with us getting a new one. I drove outside SF's during the offseason and it looks awesome too.
                      Yep, from what I have seen in pictures - I love the look/layout of it.

                      I drove by SafeCo in January - it looked very nice.

                      I like Busch3 a little less w/ each visit. It just seems like pretty cheap and ho-hum. The retro look is tired. I was hoping for something more modern and cutting edge.

                      Miller Park is #2 in affordability and #1 in food. Nice. Plus, I'll be able to taste my beer.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
                        PNC looks awesome. It's teh park that talked me into being okay with us getting a new one. I drove outside SF's during the offseason and it looks awesome too.

                        ++ That and Jacob's Field, in Cleveland.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          List is terrible.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.


                          "When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                          -Barry Goldwater

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            28. New York Mets - Shea Stadium
                            RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                            You'll never be forgotten.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
                              why is SF's park so far down the list? I thought that was a popular one.
                              I've been there...it is absolutely awesome, so I have no idea what the deal is here...the only other park that I'd put before AT&T would be Comerica....great ballpark.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X