Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, South Park Fans...

I need a favor. I need info...

One of my co-worker friends had her classes do an assignment where they had to write a comic strip. One of her students wrote one that uses South Park characters and is, shall we say, light years better writing than he has produced thus far this year...She believes that he plagerized it off of something, but when she checks plagerism web-sites, it comes back clean...

Here's the basic story line...2 SP characters go to take a short-cut home. The short cut takes them thru an alley where they are greeted by a big, mean dog. They go back the next day, only to be met by 2 of the big, mean dogs. They go back a 3rd day with a BB gun, lose the gun(s) and still get chased. The story kinda ends abruptly and awkwardly (like the kid wrote as much as he had to for the assignment and cut it off)

So, the question is..."Was there an episode of SP (or part of an episode) where something like that takes place?"

Anyway. If you'd like to help us bust a possible punk kid, TIA.

And, as always, smart-ass responses are welcomed.
    Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Did the two characters have names?
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

lmao Boy I wish we had the internet when I was in HS.

Comment

First off, you gotta post pictures of your friend so we can see if we really want to help her.
        June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
          Did the two characters have names?
          Yeah Kenny and Jimmy, but Jimmy was not in a wheelchair in the student version and Kenny didn't die, but I'm thinking that maybe in the "real" episode Kenny got eaten by one/both of the "big, mean dogs"

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Comment

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan View Post
            First off, you gotta post pictures of your friend so we can see if we really want to help her.

I have no pics, but she is tiny and blonde.

Comment

does she look over bifocals while tapping a ruler into her palm?

Comment

Originally posted by sportschick View Post
                By the way, so is Gary Coleman if he's had a dye job.

Comment

that was a Little Rascals episode
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan View Post
                    does she look over bifocals while tapping a ruler into her palm?
                    No. She's usually biting her tongue from calling out stupid shit and calling stupid shit, "stupid shit"

Comment

Originally posted by sportschick View Post
                      Important question....

Would ya?
                      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

I don't recall seeing that in any episode. Also, that seems kind of lame. If that's 'light years ahead' of what the kid typically comes up with, then I'd just have to guess he ran out of smoke that day.

Also, if any of the kids wrote a comic depicting some character diabolically plotting to kill another kid's parents then cutting them up, using their mutilated flesh as the main ingredient in a chili, which the kid then eats and after finding out he just ate his dead parents and will cry in front of his favorite band, causing the band members to deem his as "lame", then maybe you have a plagiarism case, but I wouldn't bust him for it because that was the best episode ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
                          Important question....

Would ya?

unpossible. i don't swing that way.

Comment

Here's a list of them...I don't remember seeing one like that, but I have not seen all of the episodes though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Season_5:_2001
                            Feb. 08, 2005
                            Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                            Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                            Originally posted by Airshark
                            NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
                              I don't recall seeing that in any episode. Also, that seems kind of lame. If that's 'light years ahead' of what the kid typically comes up with, then I'd just have to guess he ran out of smoke that day.

Also, if any of the kids wrote a comic depicting some character diabolically plotting to kill another kid's parents then cutting them up, using their mutilated flesh as the main ingredient in a chili, which the kid then eats and after finding out he just ate his dead parents and will cry in front of his favorite band, causing the band members to deem his as "lame", then maybe you have a plagiarism case, but I wouldn't bust him for it because that was the best episode ever.

No mutilations...

What made the kid's writing "light years better" were big high school and college words...words like "ominous" in describing the alley. This kid has yet to bust out any big words thus far this year, so unless he hit his head and managed to memorize a thesaurus, something strange is afoot.

Comment

Working...
                              X