Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Sharpton and his threat to shut NYC down.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Al Sharpton and his threat to shut NYC down.

    If one looks at Al Sharpton and the outrage over the innocent killing of a young Black man at a bachelor party it is easy to see he has a point.

    Justice was not served. However, where is Al when brothers kill brothers over drugs - over gangs - over small change.

    Like others he denouces it - but he doesn't threaten to shut the city down.

    People who compare Al Sharpton and Jeremy Wright are missing the whole point.

    One builds up the Black community the other pimps the Black community.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

    Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

    2017 BOTB bracket

  • #2
    Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post
    If one looks at Al Sharpton and the outrage over the innocent killing of a young Black man at a bachelor party it is easy to see he has a point.

    Justice was not served. However, where is Al when brothers kill brothers over drugs - over gangs - over small change.

    Like others he denouces it - but he doesn't threaten to shut the city down.

    People who compare Al Sharpton and Jeremy Wright are missing the whole point.

    One builds up the Black community the other pimps the Black community.
    +++

    There have been at least a dozen murders in the city over the last week, not one voice has been raised in outrage. However when a cop shoot one of these creeps, they come out of the woodwork.
    Make America Great For Once.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post
      If one looks at Al Sharpton and the outrage over the innocent killing of a young Black man at a bachelor party it is easy to see he has a point.

      Justice was not served. However, where is Al when brothers kill brothers over drugs - over gangs - over small change.

      Like others he denouces it - but he doesn't threaten to shut the city down.

      People who compare Al Sharpton and Jeremy Wright are missing the whole point.

      One builds up the Black community the other pimps the Black community.
      I see a big difference between two thugs killing each other, and the state killing a citizen.

      Moon

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
        I see a big difference between two thugs killing each other, and the state killing a citizen.

        Moon
        Moon,

        Serious question here. Are you saying that a citizen who gets killed by a thug is less than a thug who gets killed by a cop?
        Make America Great For Once.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
          Moon,

          Serious question here. Are you saying that a citizen who gets killed by a thug is less than a thug who gets killed by a cop?
          No.

          Moon

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
            I see a big difference between two thugs killing each other, and the state killing a citizen.

            Moon
            I do to Moon.

            I don't see much difference between the state killing a citizen and a thug killing a citizen though.

            My problem is the thugs in the Black Community have killed far more solid citizens than the state.
            Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

            Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
            God is stronger and the problem knows it.

            2017 BOTB bracket

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post
              I do to Moon.

              I don't see much difference between the state killing a citizen and a thug killing a citizen though.

              My problem is the thugs in the Black Community have killed far more solid citizens than the state.
              Sure they have. But it's worse when the state does it, and therefore we should be more diligent in exposing the bad acts of the state.

              I'm no 'fan' of Sharpton's, but why must he be an activist on every type of bad activity that affects the black community? Does he have to speak out on drugs in the black community in order to be credible on the topic of police brutality? Or teen pregnancy? Or the negative influences of rap music? Or funding for sickle cell anemia? These are all things that affect the black community. He's got his issue, and that's his thing.

              Same goes for Al Gore. He's the global crusader. Should he be criticized for not also using his position to rail against the war in Iraq? Or universal health care?

              Moon

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                Sure they have. But it's worse when the state does it, and therefore we should be more diligent in exposing the bad acts of the state.

                I'm no 'fan' of Sharpton's, but why must he be an activist on every type of bad activity that affects the black community? Does he have to speak out on drugs in the black community in order to be credible on the topic of police brutality? Or teen pregnancy? Or the negative influences of rap music? Or funding for sickle cell anemia? These are all things that affect the black community. He's got his issue, and that's his thing.

                Same goes for Al Gore. He's the global crusader. Should he be criticized for not also using his position to rail against the war in Iraq? Or universal health care?

                Moon
                Moon - if you have a problem - and people pick the part of the problem that is most glamorous than the real hard work that needs to be done - then there is something wrong.

                I have to run - but lets get into later.
                Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

                Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                God is stronger and the problem knows it.

                2017 BOTB bracket

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                  Sure they have. But it's worse when the state does it, and therefore we should be more diligent in exposing the bad acts of the state.

                  I'm no 'fan' of Sharpton's, but why must he be an activist on every type of bad activity that affects the black community? Does he have to speak out on drugs in the black community in order to be credible on the topic of police brutality? Or teen pregnancy? Or the negative influences of rap music? Or funding for sickle cell anemia? These are all things that affect the black community. He's got his issue, and that's his thing.

                  Same goes for Al Gore. He's the global crusader. Should he be criticized for not also using his position to rail against the war in Iraq? Or universal health care?

                  Moon
                  ++

                  All the other killing are bad, should be covered, should bring outrage. But when the "state" kills people it does deserve more attention.
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                    Sure they have. But it's worse when the state does it, and therefore we should be more diligent in exposing the bad acts of the state.
                    Exactly. I have no responsibility if a thug kills another thug. But if I'm a citizen of New York, I do share some responsibility for what a police officer does on my behalf. I hold a police officer to a different standard than I do a common criminal.
                    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                    --Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
                      Exactly. I have no responsibility if a thug kills another thug. But if I'm a citizen of New York, I do share some responsibility for what a police officer does on my behalf. I hold a police officer to a different standard than I do a common criminal.
                      ++

                      Exactly the same way we do when a teacher does something with a kid.
                      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X