Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Sharpton and his threat to shut NYC down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Sharpton and his threat to shut NYC down.

If one looks at Al Sharpton and the outrage over the innocent killing of a young Black man at a bachelor party it is easy to see he has a point.

Justice was not served. However, where is Al when brothers kill brothers over drugs - over gangs - over small change.

Like others he denouces it - but he doesn't threaten to shut the city down.

People who compare Al Sharpton and Jeremy Wright are missing the whole point.

One builds up the Black community the other pimps the Black community.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post
    If one looks at Al Sharpton and the outrage over the innocent killing of a young Black man at a bachelor party it is easy to see he has a point.

Justice was not served. However, where is Al when brothers kill brothers over drugs - over gangs - over small change.

+++

There have been at least a dozen murders in the city over the last week, not one voice has been raised in outrage. However when a cop shoot one of these creeps, they come out of the woodwork.
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I see a big difference between two thugs killing each other, and the state killing a citizen.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
        I see a big difference between two thugs killing each other, and the state killing a citizen.

Moon
        Moon,

Serious question here. Are you saying that a citizen who gets killed by a thug is less than a thug who gets killed by a cop?
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
          Moon,

Serious question here. Are you saying that a citizen who gets killed by a thug is less than a thug who gets killed by a cop?
          No.

Moon

Comment

Moon
            I do to Moon.

I don't see much difference between the state killing a citizen and a thug killing a citizen though.

My problem is the thugs in the Black Community have killed far more solid citizens than the state.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

I do to Moon.

I don't see much difference between the state killing a citizen and a thug killing a citizen though.

My problem is the thugs in the Black Community have killed far more solid citizens than the state.
              Sure they have. But it's worse when the state does it, and therefore we should be more diligent in exposing the bad acts of the state.

I'm no 'fan' of Sharpton's, but why must he be an activist on every type of bad activity that affects the black community? Does he have to speak out on drugs in the black community in order to be credible on the topic of police brutality? Or teen pregnancy? Or the negative influences of rap music? Or funding for sickle cell anemia? These are all things that affect the black community. He's got his issue, and that's his thing.

Same goes for Al Gore. He's the global crusader. Should he be criticized for not also using his position to rail against the war in Iraq? Or universal health care?

Moon

Comment

Sure they have. But it's worse when the state does it, and therefore we should be more diligent in exposing the bad acts of the state.

I'm no 'fan' of Sharpton's, but why must he be an activist on every type of bad activity that affects the black community? Does he have to speak out on drugs in the black community in order to be credible on the topic of police brutality? Or teen pregnancy? Or the negative influences of rap music? Or funding for sickle cell anemia? These are all things that affect the black community. He's got his issue, and that's his thing.

Same goes for Al Gore. He's the global crusader. Should he be criticized for not also using his position to rail against the war in Iraq? Or universal health care?

Moon
                Moon - if you have a problem - and people pick the part of the problem that is most glamorous than the real hard work that needs to be done - then there is something wrong.

I have to run - but lets get into later.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Moon
                  ++

All the other killing are bad, should be covered, should bring outrage. But when the "state" kills people it does deserve more attention.
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Exactly. I have no responsibility if a thug kills another thug. But if I'm a citizen of New York, I do share some responsibility for what a police officer does on my behalf. I hold a police officer to a different standard than I do a common criminal.
                    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
                      Exactly. I have no responsibility if a thug kills another thug. But if I'm a citizen of New York, I do share some responsibility for what a police officer does on my behalf. I hold a police officer to a different standard than I do a common criminal.
                      ++

Exactly the same way we do when a teacher does something with a kid.
                      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Working...
                      X