Jeremiah Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremiah Wright

Sure is talking a lot. I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion here, at least that I've found. CNN has pretty much gone 24/7 on him.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
    Sure is talking a lot. I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion here, at least that I've found. CNN has pretty much gone 24/7 on him.
    Self promotion is the only thing I can think of for Wright to continue to "speak out".

Barack should tell the good Rev. to go fuck himself.

Comment

Oh sorry, wrong topic.
      RIP Stan the Man
      The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
      I miss TLR!

Comment

He needs publicity for his soon to be published book...

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi View Post
          Memoirs of a Preacha'?

Comment

attention whore #1
            Sponsor of:
            Brian Elliott
            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post
              attention whore #1
              No, that's still Al Sharpton.

The black 3 Stooges: Sharpton, Jackson, and Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post
                attention whore #1
                Glovey's a black preacher??

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post

It's a sign that the Holy Ghost took the last boat and is heading for the coast...

Comment

He's getting it. Live coverage of speech last night, followed by live coverage of talk this morning. Reality show to follow.

Pretty interesting to hear his impressions of Presidents Kennedy and Johnson, along with his impression of what white ministers sound like. Sounded a little mocking, but I'm sure that couldn't be the case.

I also found it enlightening to know that when it comes to music and 4/4 time, the 1st and 3rd beats are dominant for whites, the 2nd and 4th beats for blacks. He then sang and clapped to the hymn, "Blessed Assurance," to prove the point.

But here's the thing -- I WOULD HAVE CLAPPED ON THE SAME BEATS HE DID!!!!!

I, too, am a proud black man. I want some reparations, and soon.
                    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post

if he is getting 24/7 coverage, then he is #1 at the moment. It depends on what is going on to get the #1 title.
                      Sponsor of:
                      Brian Elliott

Comment

Glovey's a black preacher??
                        Skippy is
                        Sponsor of:
                        Brian Elliott

Comment

I watched his entire speech this morning at the National Press Club. Some of it was good -- a history of black relegion in America. But where he lost me was when he claimed that the criticisms of portions of his sermons are really an attack on all black churches. I think he may be looking for some allies.

I didn't catch his speech before the NAACP. Apparently, though, he made the point that blacks learn differently than whites -- as a part of the education portion of his remarks. I'm not sure what point he was trying to make. That seemed rather bizzare to me.

And now there have been some leaks about other sermons where he compared U.S. Marines to the Roman soldiers that killed Christ.

None of this can be good for the Obama campaign.
                          "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52 View Post
                            I watched his entire speech this morning at the National Press Club. Some of it was good -- a history of black relegion in America. But where he lost me was when he claimed that the criticisms of portions of his sermos are really an attack on all black churches. I think he may be looking for some allies.

I didn't catch his speech before the NAACP. Apparently, though, he made the point that blacks learn differently than whites -- as a part of the education portion of his remarks. I'm not sure what point he was trying to make. That seemed rather bizzare to me.

And now there have been some leaks about other sermons where he compared U.S. Marines to the Roman soldiers that killed Christ.

None of this can be good for the Obama campaign.
                            I watched the entire speech last night. Only saw a little bit this morning.

His point about children learning differently is that black kids have basically been labeled "deficient," when, in fact, they're just different. The broader point is that he's not "bombastic" or "controversial," just different.

So, in other words, when he says "God damn America" from the pulpit, or accuses the U.S. government of purposefully spreading the AIDS epidemic to kill black people, this is just part of the "speak truth to power" legacy of black churches. No big deal.

I dunno. I spent six months attending a black Baptist church, and the minister was every bit as demonstrative and loud and expressive as Wright -- he called it "gettin' happy" -- and the minister I saw was every bit as involved in civil rights and justice for the oppressed and helping poor people. Yet I never heard him say anything close to being as inflammatory as Wright has said.

Re: Obama. David Alexrod was on MSNBC this morning. He didn't sound very happy.
                            --Albert Einstein

Comment

Re: Obama. David Alexrod was on MSNBC this morning. He didn't sound very happy.
                              I missed that. Did he come after the media for making much ado about nothing re: Wright?
                              "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Working...
                              X