So my wifes purse got stolen today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my wifes purse got stolen today...

she left it on the back floorboard of our truck and my daughter took the truck and went to the grocery store. When she came home the purse was gone. I called immediately and cancelled her atm card, but her checkbook was in there as well. Since the credit union was closed today there's nothing we can do until tomorrow. I've already seen a couple of withdrawals made after we reported it missing. Does anybody know how much we will be responsible for? I've told her a million times not to leave her purse in the truck, but does she listen to me? Noooooooooooooo.

Just wanted to vent.
    I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

i've never understood why people leave their purse in the car. i knew someone who's friend left their purse in the backseat in full view. sure enough, someone busted the window and stole it. i would've been beyond pissed, but she was just like eh, whatever. mor-on

Comment

Originally posted by MsFunkay View Post
      i've never understood why people leave their purse in the car. i knew someone who's friend left their purse in the backseat in full view. sure enough, someone busted the window and stole it. i would've been beyond pissed, but she was just like eh, whatever. mor-on

Well, she didn't think the truck was going anywhere, so she thought it would be safe. I told her that she has never seen me leave my wallet anywhere but in my back pocket. I don't think she'll be leaving it anywhere that she can't see it again.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

I also scolded my daughter for not locking the truck. We live in a city that is always in the top 10 of cities with the most stolen cars. Hell, Mexico is just 45 miles down the highway.

Bill Walton

Comment

The bank doesn't have any kind of 24 hour emergency line to report things like that?

Most likely you're not on the hook for any of it if you report it within 24 hours. It can be a big pain in the ass though if you start bouncing bills or anything because it came straight out your checking.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

maybe one day you should have someone take the car to teach them a lesson, have them take the bus for a few days and worry about where the car is...and if you survive their wrath, let us know how it worked out

Comment

As long as your weed wasn't in there, it all should be well, Dave. It will be a little pain in the arse, though.
              --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
              --Suck it cubbies.
              --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Originally posted by F the Cubs View Post
                As long as your weed wasn't in there, it all should be well, Dave. It will be a little pain in the arse, though.

Never fear about that...

Bill Walton

Comment

In late 1982, after my grandfather had died a few months earlier, my grandma called AMVETS to pick up his clothes for a donation...

A few days later, two dirtbags showed up with a truck with AMVETS emblazoned on the side.

They left with his clothes, apparently cleverly used to conceal her purse which she had apparently left hanging on a doorknob in plain sight.

I know she lost at least a couple hundy because she had recently gotten a S.S. check & cashed it.

I remember being home sick from school that day. Had I stayed over there, they might not have gotten away with it. At the very least, I could've given police a description & most likely a license plate #.

To this day, I constantly watch strangers who have to enter my home.

Comment

Originally posted by davhaf View Post
                    Never fear about that...
                    I knew you were smarter than that.
                    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                    --Suck it cubbies.
                    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Have you checked to see if Kevin Slaten has been in Tucson job hunting recently?
                      " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by JK View Post
                        Have you checked to see if Kevin Slaten has been in Tucson job hunting recently?
                        . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                        -mike
                        mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Davhaf - Sorry to hear that -

You shouldn't be on the hook for much of anything.
                          Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                          God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Next time put an alligator in the truck as your watchdog.

Comment

Originally posted by hansolo View Post
                              Next time put an alligator in the truck as your watchdog.

Good idea, except these fucking mexicans will eat anything.

P.S. I just checked my account and it looks like they got about $300.00 after I had the card blocked. I want that money back.

Bill Walton

Comment

Working...
                              X