NHRA history about to be made...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHRA history about to be made...

John Force vs. Ashley Force in the Funny Car finals in Atlanta. This is Ashley's third-consecutive final and John's 500th career race and if he wins, it will be his 1,000th career round win. We were joking at the track this week that this would be our dream scenario with the series coming to Gateway. Regardless of who wins, it's a win-win for us.

Now, if the fucking rain could just stay away...
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Hey Skippy,

Do you know how "Big Daddy" Don Gartlis is doing nowadays?

The reason I ask, is because I had the opprotunity to introduce him to my high school assembly back in march of 1977. My yearbook has a short passage writen to me by him.
      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

http://www.mybestyears.com/DonGarlits.html

Comment

Thanks.
          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Ashley just won.

And btw, Kev, Garlits is coming to Gateway the weekend after Memorial Day for a big event we're having.

Comment

Did You Know?: In "Heart like a Wheel" (The Shirley Muldowney Bio-pic), Garlits is portrayed by Bill McKinney, AKA "The mountain Man" from the movie Deliverance, a fact that still doesn't sit well with "Big Daddy."

I have the DVD, and Garlits gave his $.02, and a bit more about his portrayal...

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: Ashley Force Wins First-Ever Final!
                Ashley Force defeated her father, John Force, in the NHRA POWERade Series finals in Atlanta for her first-ever Wally! Check GatewayRaceway.com later tonight for the full story!
                Read More...
                Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                  Did You Know?: In "Heart like a Wheel" (The Shirley Muldowney Bio-pic), Garlits is portrayed by Bill McKinney, AKA "The mountain Man" from the movie Deliverance, a fact that still doesn't sit well with "Big Daddy."

I have the DVD, and Garlits gave his $.02, and a bit more about his portrayal...
                  Nice. I remember watching that movie with my parents the night it made its debut on HBO and at the end, there was a message saying Shirley was involved in a serious accident that day and was taken to the hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
                    Nice. I remember watching that movie with my parents the night it made its debut on HBO and at the end, there was a message saying Shirley was involved in a serious accident that day and was taken to the hospital.

In the featurette, Shirley is with Big Daddy & Connie Kalitta and the all talked about getting back in the car & breaking the 300 MPH barrier.

They each gave their fastest speeds which I cannot remember without playing the DVD, but Connie replied, "She still beat us..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                      In the featurette, Shirley is with Big Daddy & Connie Kalitta and the all talked about getting back in the car & breaking the 300 MPH barrier.

They each gave their fastest speeds which I cannot remember without playing the DVD, but Connie replied, "She still beat us..."
                      I'll have to watch that again. I can't wait for NHRA to get here...LOVE the series. I would work for NHRA in a heartbeat. You couldn't pay me enough to work for NASCAR.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
                        I'll have to watch that again. I can't wait for NHRA to get here...LOVE the series. I would work for NHRA in a heartbeat. You couldn't pay me enough to work for NASCAR.

Do you have the 25th anniv. DVD?

I'd love to attend this year, but it'll have to wait until at least next year since I don't have any vacation time this year. I last went to Gateway for NHRA in '03.

Comment

Working...
                        X