X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto 4

Two more days people.

Wait until the media sees this stuff.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Never got into that. God of War was/is my big video game addiction. GoW III comes out next March. I'll probably geek out over Force Unleashed, but it's not coming out until SEP now. I've heard Condemned 2 is pretty good.
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
      Never got into that.
      You better get into it. You'll thank me later.

I'll be picking up a copy on Tuesday. Can't wait. There goes sleep.
      --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
      --Suck it cubbies.
      --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Originally posted by F the Cubs View Post
        You better get into it. You'll thank me later.

I'll be picking up a copy on Tuesday. Can't wait. There goes sleep.
        Pre-ordered it myself. I hear some places are going to be open at midnight on Monday for pick-ups. If my Gamestop is one of those, I'd think about running over to pick it up.

But yea - I'm not getting much sleep this week after Monday night.
        Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

I've heard that from a couple people. Problem is, I just don't have the time. I used to hate hearing that shit from people because I thought it was pompous and pretentious as hell.

"Oh, I don't have time to play video games..."

Problem is, when I play, I tend to time travel...as in, I start playing around 4 p.m. and I look up and it's 11 p.m. My eyes are bloodshot and watering and my fingers and joints ache. If I were a kid, I'd be pissing my pants so I wouldn't have to get up.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not mature enough to play video games.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownBluesFan View Post
            Pre-ordered it myself. I hear some places are going to be open at midnight on Monday for pick-ups. If my Gamestop is one of those, I'd think about running over to pick it up.

But yea - I'm not getting much sleep this week after Monday night.
            There is no doubt about the lack of sleep. I have very high expectations for this game. Everything I've read leads me to believe I'll be playing until the wee hours of the early morning. Yikes.
            --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

I've heard that from a couple people. Problem is, I just don't have the time. I used to hate hearing that shit from people because I thought it was pompous and pretentious as hell.

Problem is, when I play, I tend to time travel...as in, I start playing around 4 p.m. and I look up and it's 11 p.m. My eyes are bloodshot and watering and my fingers and joints ache. If I were a kid, I'd be pissing my pants so I wouldn't have to get up.

Typical pompous and pretentious skippy post....

--Suck it cubbies.

Comment

Typical pompous and pretentious skippy post....

I am the standard bearer for douchebags, asshats, and dickholes the world over...

Comment

I am the standard bearer for douchebags, asshats, and dickholes the world over...
                  I'm not here to disagree with any of that. My job is to convince you to buy this game b/c you really have no idea of the amount of "kewlness" it will contain. You can play it an hour here and there (after the initial rush has subsided).
                  --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

Only a total geek would be picking this up Monday night at midnight.

Don't look at me. I'm repulsive!!!!
                    I like cheese.

Comment

I play a game like this the way I read a book--just playing a little here and there kind of daily--maybe 10 minutes at a time....and then I'll catch 3 hours where I don't have to work or anything on the social calendar and I'll go nuts and play a while.
                      I like cheese.

Comment

I'm not here to disagree with any of that. My job is to convince you to buy this game b/c you really have no idea of the amount of "kewlness" it will contain. You can play it an hour here and there (after the initial rush has subsided).
                        It's all about balance, right F?

I just read the review of GTA IV on IGN and the reviewer says it's the best game he's played in 10 fucking years!! The online stuff alone is going to be TITS! Unfortunately, I probably won't get much sleep for the first week or so, but after the first few spigoo's over this game, I'll start limiting my usage. As a 43 year old single father of two, I pretty much have no choice.
                        *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Originally posted by triggercut1 View Post

The only reason I'd do it is so I don't have to fight traffic the next day. Figure traffic would be pretty light at midnight. I wouldn't go wait in line - just show up about five 'til. I pre-ordered, so it's not like I'd have to worry about them having a copy.

Odds are, I'll be heading over Tuesday around 10. I'll just have a 'long-running job' that'll take over my laptop so I can go pick it up. Working from home rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by triggercut1 View Post

*Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Originally posted by dhaab View Post
                              It's all about balance, right F?

I just read the review of GTA IV on IGN and the reviewer says it's the best game he's played in 10 fucking years!! The online stuff alone is going to be TITS! Unfortunately, I probably won't get much sleep for the first week or so, but after the first few spigoo's over this game, I'll start limiting my usage. As a 43 year old single father of two, I pretty much have no choice.
                              I easily got 400 hours of playing time out of San Andreas between the PS/2 and PC versions. If I can get that much out of it again, well, that'd be pretty damn cool.

And from everything I've read, I don't think that'll be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X