Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Stewart will be the Isaiah Thomas of NASCAR

http://www.racingforthewin.com/index...y-Stewart.html

Why is Tony Stewart thinking about leaving a successful team like Joe Gibbs Racing for Haas-CNC??? I understand his loyalty to GM cars, but this like A-Rod saying fuck it, I want to play in Florida, thus I was to be a Ray....supposedly Haas would make him a part-owner in their team, but in my opinion, it's a bad move.....I am pretty sure a team like Hendrick or Childress would make room for Stewart if he really wanted to drive a Chevy.....personally, I am not a fan of Toyotas, but to be honest, they could very well be dominating NASCAR within a few years like they have been in the Craftsman Truck Series.....
    TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

If Tony does it I will give him some love.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Another reason why he is considered the biggest ass-hole in NASCAR, although what he said at Atlanta needed to be said.

Comment

Haas-CNC is a satellite team of Hendrick and Tony will bring either Home Depot or UPS to that team. Plus, he's already a highly successful open-wheel owner with a number of championships. Don't think for a second that just because he tends to be an asshole on occassion that he isn't smart. Look at Kevin Harvick: He's the defending NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series championship team owner and I think most people would have the same opinion of him that they do of Stewart. Besides, it's not like Tony would be making all the day-to-day decisions. You mention Childress...Childress started out the exact same way, only he didn't have two NASCAR championships on his resume and didn't have the sponsorship potential Tony does. NASCAR is full of people who may not have college degrees but are very successful. Earnhardt didn't make it past his freshman year of high school, but was a marketing genius. This isn't Michael Waltrip we're talking about here, but a guy who is one of the best drivers in the world and will draw the best and brightest to him. I think it's a great move on his part...if he does it...
        The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Originally posted by Baner View Post
          Another reason why he is considered the biggest ass-hole in NASCAR, although what he said at Atlanta needed to be said.
          Look I pretty much hate the guy, but why is he an a-hole for this? Because he wants to get back to Chevy?
          I wish more guys would do it.
          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Skippy, I did hear that Edwards would probably end up with the UPS sponsorship if Office Depot falls through....any truth to that?
            TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

Originally posted by kmeyer View Post
              Skippy, I did hear that Edwards would probably end up with the UPS sponsorship if Office Depot falls through....any truth to that?
              That's an option. UPS is a big player with a lot of money. Office Depot would be crazy to not re-up with Carl if they're going to stay in NASCAR. Home Depot will probably follow Tony if they can, but UPS would go with Tony as well.
              The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Working...
              X