• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Moyers interview with Rev Jeremiah Wright

Make America Great For Once.

Comment

OK, so help me find the controversy here.

Comment

Based on what I've heard of this, he sort of dismisses Obama's race speech as being "what he had to say." In other words, he doesn't really believe that, he agrees with what I say about damning America.

That's what the commentators seem to be suggesting, anyway. It's going to raise the whole issue of how Obama could sit there for 20 years and not agree with some of the reverend's more controversial statements.

I know, it's OK with you if he agrees with them, but it might not be OK with some of the white folk whose votes he still wants.
        "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

Didn't he say the Catholic church spawns a theology of hate? He called them the great whore?

On the upside, he pointed out that hurricane katrina was God's punishment to new orleans for holding a gay Pride----wait a minute---

it was not Wright who said these things----it some guy named hagee.

sorry.
          v

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
            Based on what I've heard of this, he sort of dismisses Obama's race speech as being "what he had to say." In other words, he doesn't really believe that, he agrees with what I say about damning America.

That's what the commentators seem to be suggesting, anyway. It's going to raise the whole issue of how Obama could sit there for 20 years and not agree with some of the reverend's more controversial statements.

I know, it's OK with you if he agrees with them, but it might not be OK with some of the white folk whose votes he still wants.
            KBF,

Why the fear of what black people say?

The vast majority of us aren't criminals. So therefore we pose no threat to you well being.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
              KBF,

Why the fear of what black people say?

The vast majority of us aren't criminals. So therefore we pose no threat to you well being.
              Why do you assume I'm afraid?

If someone says "God damn America" and "the U.S. created AIDS to kill black people," or whatever it is he said, that does not fill me with fear. It fills me with disgust. I disagree with those two statements, and I don't think I'd vote for a presidential candidate who agreed with them.

And how you took my statement and made the leap to "most blacks aren't criminals," as if I suggested anything to the contrary, is pretty amazing, actually.

You asked what the controversy was. I tried to explain it to you. And no, just because you can't see that does not mean that I think all black people are morons.
              "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

P.S. If Hillary Clinton says something I disagree with, does it automatically follow that I'm AFRAID of her? Sheesh.
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

Best spin i can drum up for Rev Wright giving interviews....

Obama can not be beholden to Rev Wright, because if Rev wright was so much on Obama's side, he would not be saying anything to national press, much less giving televised interviews...Anytime he shows up, the more Obama is hurt
                  Sketch in STL
                  Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Originally posted by sketch View Post
                    Best spin i can drum up for Rev Wright giving interviews....

Obama can not be beholden to Rev Wright, because if Rev wright was so much on Obama's side, he would not be saying anything to national press, much less giving televised interviews...Anytime he shows up, the more Obama is hurt
                    I think he could be a little ticked off that Obama didn't support him 100 percent. Probably feels he doesn't have to support him 100 percent, either.
                    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
                      I think he could be a little ticked off that Obama didn't support him 100 percent. Probably feels he doesn't have to support him 100 percent, either.
                      I guess not. I'm quite sure he is a smart enough man to know he is not helping his chances to be president.

I guess it would be tough to preach against the man, if the man is one of the congregation
                      Sketch in STL
                      Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Originally posted by kjoe View Post
                        Didn't he say the Catholic church spawns a theology of hate? He called them the great whore?

On the upside, he pointed out that hurricane katrina was God's punishment to new orleans for holding a gay Pride----wait a minute---

it was not Wright who said these things----it some guy named hagee.

sorry.
                        I'm sure that at some point you will be able to tell the difference between something your pastor says, and something some unrelated evangelical politico says...at least I 'll give you doubts benefit.
                        "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

It really is surprising to me (after many years of this kind of thing) how SO many Americans continue to get sucked into these main stream media driven smear campaigns/controversies which use small sound bites or quotes to paint pictures of human beings which many times don't represent their true feelings or what they actually believe.

BTW, I agree with most of Wright's statements. This country has blood on their hands and millions of us don't understand that fact.
                          *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Originally posted by blue zone View Post
                            I'm sure that at some point you will be able to tell the difference between something your pastor says, and something some unrelated evangelical politico says...at least I 'll give you doubts benefit.
                            Granted, Mccain's connection to Hagee is not quite as hard to explain as Obama's to Wright----but Hagee's level of idiocy is several multiples of Wright's.
                            v

Comment

Obama is a long legged mack daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X