Deadwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadwood

They've been showing repeats on one of the HBO channels each night.

This is the best show that's ever been on television. It holds up remarkably well -- better than "The Sopranos," and better than "The Wire."

It's a blanking shame that HBO didn't/hasn't let them finish it the way Milch wanted to. I doubt it'll ever happen now.

Just thought you should know.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Really disappointed when that show got canceled.

Moon

Comment

There was talk that they'd air two final movies (2 or 3 hours each) to wrap up the story, but that seems to have died out. Cocksuckers, as Wu would say.
      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
        There was talk that they'd air two final movies (2 or 3 hours each) to wrap up the story, but that seems to have died out. Cockasuckah, as Wu would say.
        Fixed.

Moon

Comment

There was talk that they'd air two final movies (2 or 3 hours each) to wrap up the story, but that seems to have died out. Cocksuckers, as Wu would say.

Am I ever glad I taught him that word.

Comment

That was one of sig. sponsorships for a long time, cocksuckers.

For the past five years HBO has easily produced the best shows on television. Many of are essentially filmed novels, playing out at a pace and with a depth not possible in a theatrical release. It's really a golden age.
            "At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed."
            – Frederick Douglass, doing an amazing job since 1852

Comment

I thought season 3 was somewhat of a letdown. It definitely wasn't as good as the previous two.

Comment

They've been showing repeats on one of the HBO channels each night.

This is the best show that's ever been on television. It holds up remarkably well -- better than "The Sopranos," and better than "The Wire."

It's a blanking shame that HBO didn't/hasn't let them finish it the way Milch wanted to. I doubt it'll ever happen now.

Just thought you should know.
                That wasn't quite the way it happened. It was more a matter of David Milch tiring of "Deadwood" and wanting to do his silly Holy Surfer show.

And I agree with Glove that Season 3 really unraveled. Between the Theatre Troupe of Irrelevance and the most anti-climactic ending in history--one which made the whole season basically a waste of time--it seems like Milch had already lost the thread of his show.

But the first two seasons were pitch-perfect. Absolute gold.
                Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

S3 was a step-down from the first two, but it was still miles better than most shows nonetheless. And the end of S3 wouldn't have been as big a let-down as it was had we not known that the series was fucked.

I really enjoyed John From Cincinnati, but the show really made me miss Deadwood more than anything, particularly w/ the casting and the monologuing.

Comment

I hated, hated, hated the end of "Deadwood".

"Let's...give Hearst everything he wants, Sheriff Bullock."

"But Al, if we were going to surrender to Hearst and let him take over our town, why didn't we just do that in the beginning?"

"Fuck, I dunno. Oh yeah, I forgot. We're going to sacrifice an innocent whore nobody likes to Hearst so we can save Trixie, who people do like. Even though Trixie's the one that, you know, shot him."

"Cocksucker."
                    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Working...
                    X