The North Carolina, Indiana (5/6), Guam (5/3) Primary GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The North Carolina, Indiana (5/6), Guam (5/3) Primary GDT

Lost in the hoopla of the Clinton campaign victory speech last night was the fact that she has now lost any chance of catching up in Delegates.

Should Hillary Clinton recieve 65% of the remaining votes - She would still finish 2 short of Obama.

You can go to this nifty little slide thing on CNN and do it yourself.

You can go state by state or just grab the bar in the middle.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/...egate.counter/

Should Obama split the North Carolina vote 50/50 his lead with her getting 65 % of the vote every where else is 38 delegates.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

So, you're saying there's a chance?

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post

So, you're saying there's a chance?

Moon
      Sure there is -

Pictures could surface of Obama doing something illegal.

Outside of that -

Not much.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Two other things -

Michigan and Florida will not ride in on a White Knight and save Hillary.

Hillary is winning the people who vote for Republicans usually and are certainly more likely to vote Republican in the fall.
        Obama is winning new voters and Blacks and intellectuals who are certainly more likely to vote Democratic in the fall.

Yet the media trumpets what Hillary is doing as more important - mind boggling.

Obama wakes up with a stranglehold on the Delegates and they are saying he has to win Indiana.

Sheer stupidity.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Interesting isn't it how the BIG story about the Florida and Michigan delegates has gone away?

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
            Interesting isn't it how the BIG story about the Florida and Michigan delegates has gone away?

Moon
            Oh the Clinton people try and bring it back up - but they know its dead - just like their chances.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

The real question that remains is how to get Hillary out and unite the party.

Letting her limp along with the idea that she has some shot at winning is not good for the party -

She is effectively cutting off 25% or more of the people who should be voting for Obama in the fall because of a pissing contest.

She raised 1 million or more last night - that still puts her 8 or 7 million in debt.

The remaining primary schedule is all small states that don't matter according to her?

If she gets high margins in those states it will be a longshot - She needs better than 65% as of now. After North Carolina and Indiana she will need over 80%.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

It would be cool if Guam decided who got the nomination

Comment

kah is going to bitch that he didn't get to start this thread
                  Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post
                    The real question that remains is how to get Hillary out and unite the party.

Letting her limp along with the idea that she has some shot at winning is not good for the party -

She is effectively cutting off 25% or more of the people who should be voting for Obama in the fall because of a pissing contest.

She raised 1 million or more last night - that still puts her 8 or 7 million in debt.

The remaining primary schedule is all small states that don't matter according to her?

If she gets high margins in those states it will be a longshot - She needs better than 65% as of now. After North Carolina and Indiana she will need over 80%.
                    She won by 10 points last night in a crucial general election state against an opponent who out spent her -- by some estimates -- 3 to 1. If Obama is really the one to unite the dem party against McCain, why did he lose last night given the resources he poured into Pennsylvania?

I have a feeling that a lot of super delegates are starting to ask themselves the same question. I think the bloom on Obama's rose is beginning to fade.
                    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Too bad the polls suggest otherwise, isnt it?

I'm surprised that Hillary didnt win by more than what she did. The state is next door to her "home" state, is the second-oldest state (behind Florida) in the union, and is made up of mostly blue-collar democrats as opposed to progressive Democrats.

She is going to lose in North Carolina by a worse margin than Obama lost in Pennsylvania. Where will the "bloom" be then?
                      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52 View Post
                        She won by 10 points last night in a crucial general election state against an opponent who out spent her -- by some estimates -- 3 to 1. If Obama is really the one to unite the dem party against McCain, why did he lose last night given the resources he poured into Pennsylvania?

I have a feeling that a lot of super delegates are starting to ask themselves the same question. I think the bloom on Obama's rose is beginning to fade.
                        Keep hope alive!

The correlation between money spent and votes received is not so simple as you seem to think.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52 View Post

Gee Far - You catch me and the entire party off guard.

You are asking me if the guy with the most votes and delegates can be a uniter?

I'm dumbfounded.........

Oh wait - I have a reply. He's the best we got - win or lose lets play with this one - seeing how he's won fair and square.

Since my other option is disregarding the will of the people and appointing a candidate - I'll stick with the plan.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

You know, Obama hasn't won every state in this primary. I think the bloom has faded.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
                              kah is going to bitch that he didn't get to start this thread
                              I know - I take a certain satisfaction in that - He's my buddy - but he was caught between the Cardinal thread and this one - I snuck in when he wasn't looking.

He will forgive me - I think.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Working...
                              X