Tivo Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Issue

Well apparently my tivo hard drive has been fried, and its happened to a lot of people ever since the "download" at 230am last night. The newest software caused a few machines to lock up and thus fried the drive.

I reset it 10 times and each time it says its powering up and then goes to a grey screen and stays there forever.

This was the R10 model. I guess DT will be sending me out a new dvr and they claim its a tivo but I know better. They phased them out and will be sending me a lame knock off DT DVR.

Directv is going down hill so fast.

Anyone else have issues with a tivo today?
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

How was DirecTV gone downhill?
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Comment

My TiVo keeps asking me how to get buzy with hawt chicks at cards games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
        My TiVo keeps asking me how to get buzy with hawt chicks at cards games.
        Tell it that you know Kat McPhee - it will open its USB port to you.
        If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

I am on my third hard drive since 2001---the original was 200, the two replacements have been 160 gig. Approaching 5000 hours---never subscribed, I just use a piece of crap 1991 vcr to tell it what to record. Perfect.
          v

Comment

Kjoe also makes toast by sitting bread on the counter three days before he wants toast.
            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
              How was DirecTV gone downhill?

I'd be interested in the response here. Have been a customer for 8 years or so...Nothing but good to me.
              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze View Post
                I'd be interested in the response here. Have been a customer for 8 years or so...Nothing but good to me.
                ++ same here...
                Feb. 08, 2005
                Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                Originally posted by Airshark
                NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

"downhill" might be a bit harsh, but if we're pointing things out, switching from Tivo technology to their proprietary technology wasn't exactly customer friendly.
                  Of course you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
                    Kjoe also makes toast by sitting bread on the counter three days before he wants toast.
                    Always trying to be environmentally responsible.
                    v

Comment

It took me a while to get used to the DirecTV DVR, but it is much faster than a TiVo....at least the TiVo I had...which was the original.

Other than that, no problems.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                      -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by ShortHop View Post
                        "downhill" might be a bit harsh, but if we're pointing things out, switching from Tivo technology to their proprietary technology wasn't exactly customer friendly.

I never owned a Tivo, what is the difference?
                        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

In addition, it would be nice if they taught their reps what constitutes a "black-out."

Twice now I've called about issues where I was trying to watch the Cardinals vs. (any team but Chicago) on Extra Innings and I've had to teach them that "No. It's not because the game is blacked out. Blackouts take place in the cities where the teams being blacked out are from. I am in Chicago. These teams are from St. Louis and San Francisco. It's not a blackout"... then have to re-explain 3 more times befor they finally escalate it.

"Must be blacked-out" seems to be the only answer that they know to give sometimes.
                          Of course you do.

Comment

Changing their encoding format was the reason I got rid of DirecTV. Means it's not even possible to set up multi-room viewing, like any normal (i.e. cable-attached) Tivo can manage.

Comment

I never owned a Tivo, what is the difference?
                              Biggest one is multi-room viewing, i.e. "Tivo-to-go". If you have more than one Tivo, you know how awesome this is. Further, you can put your Tivos on your home network, and even include your PC, allowing you to transfer shows to/from your PC, iPod, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X