The Most Important Campaign Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Important Campaign Story

His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Yep - Pretty much -

Torture approved by Bush - footnote.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Story came out last week...and got no play. We've become so desensitized, ambivalent, and apathetic that nothing these guys do is shocking anymore.

Moon

Comment

It's not a big deal b/c we all know they only torture bad guys.

Apparently being conservative means, small government so they can't catch you cheating on your taxes, but then unlimited government to randomly brand people as bad, as determined by a bunch of ideologue hacks appointed by a buffoon, detain these "bad" people indefinitely, and then torture them to gain unreliable information.

You have to love people who want small government.
        From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

Speaking of stories that deserve big play, did you see the NYT piece yesterday about how all the retired generals that the networks use as "analysts" are in the Pentagon's hip pocket -- literally, since many of them rely on the Pentagon for big contracts.

Maybe it's one of those "What did you expect?" kind of stories, but I still found the level of it disheartening and disturbing. They're basically running a PsychOps campaign, as they call it, against the American people. They're actually pretty blunt about it.
          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh, Canada!
            His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
            Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

This thread depresses me.

Anyone have any nukes?
              “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
                Speaking of stories that deserve big play, did you see the NYT piece yesterday about how all the retired generals that the networks use as "analysts" are in the Pentagon's hip pocket -- literally, since many of them rely on the Pentagon for big contracts.

Maybe it's one of those "What did you expect?" kind of stories, but I still found the level of it disheartening and disturbing. They're basically running a PsychOps campaign, as they call it, against the American people. They're actually pretty blunt about it.
                Why do you insist on disparaging the brave fighting men and women who have sacrificed everything to allow you to pontificate from your ivory tower??????
                Sketch in STL
                Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
                  And they'll all be on TV tonight.

Number of anti-war commentators - 0
                  From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

What does this do to my taxes?

Comment

There is a lot of crap that Clinton and Giuliani were not able to get by with---things are not perfect---but I think it is better than it has been this time around.

Partly because there is a more widespread recognition of bs as bs.
                      v

Comment

Working...
                      X