Obama says McCain would be better than Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama says McCain would be better than Bush

"You have a real choice in this election. Either Democrat would be better than John McCain,"
    Obama said to cheers from a rowdy crowd in central Pennsylvania. Then he said: "And all three of us would be better than George Bush."
    http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/316164.html

This had better not be made to amount to anything approaching controversy. The golden retriever who's licking her snatch in front of me as I type would be better than Bush.
    "At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed."
    – Frederick Douglass, doing an amazing job since 1852

Comment

Originally posted by YYZ View Post
      This had better not be made to amount to anything approaching controversy.....
      Obama's comments, or the dog licking itself?

Comment

Also better than Bush:

Your friends list is empty

Comment

This is being called a gaff on the part of Obama.

Give me a break.

Hillary did not commit a similar gaff back in March---she was just being hard hitting.

“I think that since we now know Sen. (John) McCain will be the nominee for the Republican Party, national security will be front and center in this election. We all know that. And I think it’s imperative that each of us be able to demonstrate we can cross the commander-in-chief threshold,” the New York senator told reporters crowded into an infant’s bedroom-sized hotel conference room in Washington.
          “I believe that I’ve done that. Certainly, Sen. McCain has done that and you’ll have to ask Sen. Obama with respect to his candidacy,” she said.
          Calling McCain, the presumptive GOP nominee a good friend and a “distinguished man with a great history of service to our country,” Clinton said, “Both of us will be on that stage having crossed that threshold. That is a critical criterion for the next Democratic nominee to deal with.”
          v

Comment

Heard on NPR that Hillary hammered on this yesterday. Unbelievable.
            "At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed."
            – Frederick Douglass, doing an amazing job since 1852

Comment

"Eat shit, Dubya!"

Moon

Comment

Really???? So a throw off, laugh line at campaign rally (he's been saying jokes like that for months and months) is fodder for the Clinton campaign. How is she hammering him on this???

god bless
                Sketch in STL
                Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

It is why she is losing - no credibility.

She can say she and McCain are ready - he can't say McCain is better than Bush.
                  Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                  God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

That kind of undercuts Obama's strategy to characterize McCain as simply the third term of GW.
                    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post

"Eat shit, Dubya!"

Moon
                      I hear that Bush will be a man of letters in his retirement years and do good works for the people.
                      From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

This from Jim Geraghty over at NRO:

I foresee a MasterCard ad parody taking shape.

Planned campaign expenditures for television ads with message, "McCain is as bad as George W. Bush": $100 million.

Planned campaign expenditures for radio ads with message, "McCain is as bad as George W. Bush": $20 million.

Planned expenditures for independent 527 groups reinforcing "McCain is as bad as George W. Bush" message: $200 million.

Wrecking that entire message effort with one offhand comment:
                        "All three of us would be better than George Bush," Obama said.

Priceless.
                        "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Stalin was better than Hitler.

See how that works?

Moon

Comment

See how that works?

Moon
                            NOOO!

This is has destroyed everything! Everything!
                            From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

See how that works?

Moon
                              So wait, which of McCain/Bush is Papa Joe, and which one is der Fuhrer?

Comment

Working...
                              X