How long has it been since you did the electric slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long has it been since you did the electric slide

The last several years, I have hardly ever been asked to play the electric slide---when I was asked, I had some trepidation about fulfilling the request---there was something primitive about it and the people who requested it.

Lately, I have had requests for it---and not from lost souls who think they are at a wedding reception. People under 25 react not with the disdain I grew to expect---the reaction is not really very different from the cupid shuffle. It is no longer a source of derision.

It seems impossibly difficult to me---I have never understood it. I could never do those steps.
    v

Still a staple at weddings; which was the last time I saw it played.

What the hell is the cupid shuffle?

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

I do not know how to do the electric slide. I am the worst white person ever.

Comment

never doesn't seem long enough.
        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
          I do not know how to do the electric slide. I am the worst white person ever.
          Follow this advice.....

My baby moves at midnight
          goes right on till the dawn
          My woman takes me higher
          my woman keeps me warm

What you doin' on your back aah
          What you doin'on your back aah?
          You should be dancing, yeah
          dancing, yeah

She's juicy and she's trouble
          She gets it to me good
          My woman gives me power
          Goes right down to my blood

dancing, yeah

My baby moves at midnight
          goes right on till the dawn
          My woman takes me higher
          my woman keeps me warm

dancing, yeah
          I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Moon

Comment

They're gonna get electrocuted!!!
              Of course you do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShortHop View Post
                They're gonna get electrocuted!!!
                Boogie, woogie, oogie, now!?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I've never heard of the Cupid Shuffle, but I did hear of this shuffle:

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
                    never doesn't seem long enough.
                    ++

Not long enough ago... I can still vaguely remember it...Add the freaking Macarena to it and you have a whole hellish nightmare
                    Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

You can feeeeel it... it's electric!
                      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

I'm probably the only African American who hasn't done it in the past week.
                        "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

There are only 2 correct answers to this question:

1) Never, or

2) Not long enough
                          Official Lounge Sponsor:
                          Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                          The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                          Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post

Moon
                            be careful.

On February 3, 2007, CNET reported that the creator of the Electric Slide had started filing DMCA-based takedown notices to YouTube users who were posting videos of people performing the dance incorrectly.[2]
                            On March 1, 2007, The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) filed suit against the man who claims to have created the popular line dance The Electric Slide, asking the court to protect the free speech rights of a videographer who captured a few steps of the dance in a documentary video posted to the Internet.[3]
                            On May 22, 2007, the EFF came to an agreement to settle the lawsuit filed on March 1, 2007 against Ric Silver. The agreed settlement states that Mr. Silver will license the Electric Slide under a Creative Commons license [4] and to also post the new license on any of his current or future websites that mention the Electric Slide. EFF agreed to see that all uses of The Electric Slide reference Mr. Silver's name as Choreographer.
                            On April 4th, 2008, NBC's Amne$ia asked Ric to appear on there show to judge one of the Contestants doing The Electric Slide.

Inventor of Crappy Electric Slide: Stop Dancing Like Crap

Richard Silver, inventor of the totally awesome-except-not Electric Slide, has been filing DMCA requests left and right against YouTube and other outlets to make them pull down videos of people performing the dance—if you can call it that. Not only does he claim a copyright on the moves, *snicker* but he says that
                            Any video that shows my choreography being done incorrectly is being removed. I don't want future generations having to learn it wrong and then relearn it as I am being faced with now because of certain sites and (people) that have been teaching it incorrectly and without my permission. That's the reason I (copyrighted) it in the first place.
                            Dear Richard, you can have it back, all to yourself. Love, Gizmodo. – Matt Buchanan
                            P.S.:Craptacular rendition of Electric Slide featured out of spite.
                            'Electric Slide' on slippery DMCA slope [CNET via Slashdot]
                            v

Comment

I would like to know if Moon knew about this video or if he just searched for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X